"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #11301
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Crumbs, -18C! And I thought it was cold tonight when I went up to the yard to put Horse to bed and there was just a light frost in places!

I don't like a warm bedroom and don't have the heat on overnight so I will resort to a hot water bottle tonight, I think.
Isn't that awfully cold for England? It's not so unusual here in Quebec, but we do get really cold winters.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #11302
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
A crisp 24F here and a beautiful full moon tonight. Saw a bunch of soaring bald eagles earlier today when I drove along the river, as well as one along the side of the road who must have been fishing in the little pond on my way to work.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #11303
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
A crisp 24F here and a beautiful full moon tonight. Saw a bunch of soaring bald eagles earlier today when I drove along the river, as well as one along the side of the road who must have been fishing in the little pond on my way to work.
Sounds just like our temp.'s here. The wind makes it feel colder though. The moon is really beautiful tonight.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #11304
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Sounds just like our temp.'s here. The wind makes it feel colder though. The moon is really beautiful tonight.
Yes, the wind was fierce today. We usually get your weather a day or so later than you. We had to shut the blinds last night, the moon was so bright. But when I looked out the BR window, the sky was enveloped in the most gorgeous pinks and purples around 5:30 am.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #11305
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
It is snowing outside like Taxy's Google enhanced picture. Large flakes.
It must be the last hurrah before the forty degree weather we are supposed to start getting starting tomorrow. Supposed to...
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #11306
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,408
We got about 6" overnight. SO had an awful commute home last night. She had to stop 3-4 times to clear the ice off her wipers. Today is warmer and sunny. About 40F so stuff is melting.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #11307
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We got about 6" overnight. SO had an awful commute home last night. She had to stop 3-4 times to clear the ice off her wipers. Today is warmer and sunny. About 40F so stuff is melting.
It was bad last night. Andy. The Pirate stayed late at work making extra money shoveling and using the snow blower. He headed home after 10 p.m. My daughter left work at 1 p.m. Even then it took her over an hour to get from Quincy to Eastie. Normally a 20 minute ride for her. Several years ago I gave her one of those radio/flashlight/emergency beacon/thingamagigs for her to keep in the trunk of her car. Her husband kept taking it out to make room for his stuff. We both finally jumped all over his case. I also insist that she keep a blanket in the trunk. It is too easy to get caught behind a spinout on the Southeast Xway. She kept thinking about her emergency supplies all the way home wondering if she was going to need them.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #11308
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Not only seeing crocuses, CG... I can hear the loons!
What was that you said? That you're a little loony?


Right now it feels warm compared to the last couple days. We're hanging around the freezing mark.

I keep watching the weather for our trip later this week. Seems like the weather is cooperating - every time I check the 10-day, every spot along the route has increasingly warmer temps. Looks like no chance of icing driving through PA. Hoping to get away on Friday, when it's expected to be in the mid-40s and cloudy. Perfect weather for sleeping. (Himself always drives 1st leg since I'm scurrying around getting last-minute stuff done while he sleeps, then get up well before he does doing...last minute things. *sigh*)
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #11309
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
What was that you said? That you're a little loony?


Right now it feels warm compared to the last couple days. We're hanging around the freezing mark.

I keep watching the weather for our trip later this week. Seems like the weather is cooperating - every time I check the 10-day, every spot along the route has increasingly warmer temps. Looks like no chance of icing driving through PA. Hoping to get away on Friday, when it's expected to be in the mid-40s and cloudy. Perfect weather for sleeping. (Himself always drives 1st leg since I'm scurrying around getting last-minute stuff done while he sleeps, then get up well before he does doing...last minute things. *sigh*)
I missed the part where you said you'd be dropping off some fresh lobsters to me
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #11310
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,294
If we could, we would. Unfortunately, no $3.99 ones right now. Besides, we take two days to drive in so I'm not sure how fresh they'd be. But I bet they'd be better ride-along companions than our crazy cat!
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.