"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #1131
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh, great! It's stopped doing just about everything here. Had to lose a day of work and now will have to go in tomorrow when it will be even nastier outside.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 02-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #1132
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
We're expecting a pretty bad snow storm to hit us. They're calling for 7-14 inches today and another 4-8 tomorrow. It's snowing now but nothing drastic at the meoment. Usually alot of these storms just barely pass us but I'm afraid there's no getting out of this one.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #1133
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
We have a saying here....If you don't like the weather...stick around..It will change tomorrow

Wow Uncle Bob... our saying is " Give it a minute and it'll change. "
I'll trade ya the minute for a whole day.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #1134
Sous Chef

It's yuckypoo! A bad Ice Storm!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #1135
Executive Chef

Snow

This morning it was raining, turned to sleet, now it is snowing and temperature dropping and it isn't even 3 in afternoon yet. I thought in afternoon temperature would be warmer. No. I would like to know I have a 75ft driveway to shovel. Normally, I wait till it quits snowing but it hasn't stopped. Do you think waiting till it stops is good idea or would you shovel some of it now even though it still snowing? My neighbors just drive over it and don't shovel. I am lucky to have a hill on my driveway and hard to get up. Right now I am alone and I sure don't want to hear any questions about why I didn't do something? If you could give me your opinion I would appreicate it. Thanks for understanding.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:37 PM   #1136
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
We're expecting a pretty bad snow storm to hit us. They're calling for 7-14 inches today and another 4-8 tomorrow. It's snowing now but nothing drastic at the meoment. Usually alot of these storms just barely pass us but I'm afraid there's no getting out of this one.
I think your directly east of me and if so Middie....hang on you got a doozy coming your way. I thought ours was slacking off some but its picking up speed....the snow is really coming down and the wind is picking up more. If your going to get what we have then I'd advice you to go hit the store now if you need anything.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #1137
Executive Chef

I do not miss the hassle of snow. I used to love the first beautiful foot but then it turned into a pita.

I think we hit 65 today which is warm for this area in February but I'm not complaining. I have the windows and doors open but I'm wearing a sweater...now that the rain has begun, it's getting cooler.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #1138
Master Chef

we just had a guy get stuck in our front yard.....I'm sure I won't think its funny come spring and I have to fill in the ruts..... but I have to admit it was fun helping him and DH get him out. I haven't played in the snow in a long time. Just wished I had some snow boots .
Old 02-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #1139
Senior Cook

It's 26 degrees and we're expecting a nor'easter in a few hours. Shopped for provisions this morning, lamb chops and applesauce, so I'm prepared. Heh, there's a 24 hour fruit stand right around the corner so it's not like I'm toughing anything out.......
Old 02-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #1140
Executive Chef

The snow is twirling big time. Time to huncker down under a blankie with supper!