"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #11541
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Too cold to snow, Pac!

We are currently @ 17F, feels like 24F, no snow. Supposed to get up to 33F with snow.

Perfect day for shopping.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #11542
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I was actually thinking of buying a sled a few years ago. I used to sled back in "the day". I think I had to shovel three times that winter
You never can tell.
Four wheelers don't do anything well, compared to a bike or sled, but they aren't seasonal either

My son moved into a new home this year and he has a really good hill for sledding. My 5 year old grandson will go down the hill once, and after he walks back up the hill he says that's enough because he doesn't want to have to walk back up the hill. He would like it if his mother came down and pulled him up the hill on his sled. At the old house they had no hill. His mother used to pull him around the yard on his sled and that was great for him. I never heard of a 5 year old being so lazy! LOL

Right now the TV says it's -8, one of our thermometers says it's -6 and two others say it's -3. It's pretty warm in the house. They closed everything. I always wonder about meals-on-wheels. They close for inclement weather. The people who receive this service are usually elderly people who have no one to help them. I hope their neighbors are looking out for them.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #11543
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
9F and I must go out. Odd, I have felt cold since the surgery, so I am wrapped up in blankets. Need to find my winter coat, probably behind a guitar somewhere.
For some strange reason, the cold has a bad effect on surgical scars. The newer, they more painful. Keep that incision warm, or you will experience pain like you have never known. I am not the only one who has had this miserable experience.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #11544
Chef Extraordinaire

I think we were referring to snowmobiles, Carol. I know I was
As the local off road store says, "Get out and play!"
I had some good times snowmobiling with my father when I was a kid.

Anyway, it has dropped another degree. On the bright side it is supposed to get up to 22 by tomorrow and 45 on Saturday

And Rocket, I knew Barrie looked familiar. I went up to Simcoe ice fishing something like five years in a row 25 years ago or so. Now those were really good times. We used to go up by Orilla. One time we had one heck of a time finding our way off the ice due to a white out. Sure, the ice was well over a foot thick, but driving around on it looking for the right spot to drive out was getting a little nerve wracking
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #11545
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek and I are on the inclement weather list for Meals on Wheels delivery.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #11546
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
For some strange reason, the cold has a bad effect on surgical scars. The newer, they more painful. Keep that incision warm, or you will experience pain like you have never known. I am not the only one who has had this miserable experience.
It's not the incisions, I am cold. I am never cold. The incisions are fine. Going to go have my staples out today.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #11547
Executive Chef

Quote:
I think we were referring to snowmobiles, Carol. I know I was
As the local off road store says, "Get out and play!"
I had some good times snowmobiling with my father when I was a kid.
Both you and Rocketdawg referred to 'sledding" and to me, that means on a sled! On a snowmobile it is called "snowmobiling." No?

When my father was living there were no snowmobiles. Most people didn't even own a car! LOL
Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #11548
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's not the incisions, I am cold. I am never cold. The incisions are fine. Going to go have my staples out today.

Make sure he gets them all. With my last surgery, I came home from having the staples removed and found one inside my belly button! LOL It looked like I had a belly button ring.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #11549
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Both you and Rocketdawg referred to 'sledding" and to me, that means on a sled! On a snowmobile it is called "snowmobiling." No?

When my father was living there were no snowmobiles. Most people didn't even own a car! LOL
Sled is to snowmobile what bike is to motorcycle. Just another word to confuse people
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #11550
Executive Chef

Quote:
Sled is to snowmobile what bike is to motorcycle. Just another word to confuse people

Well, it worked....I'm confused. What will this younger generation think if next!