"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #11621
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Blizzard conditions. 1/4 mile visibility. no travel advised. 50 mph winds all day with gusts of wind of 65 mph reported at the airport. Several accidents & people in the ditch off the interstates.
__________________

__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #11622
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Blizzard conditions. 1/4 mile visibility. no travel advised. 50 mph winds all day with gusts of wind of 65 mph reported at the airport. Several accidents & people in the ditch off the interstates.
Oh geez, SB, hope you don't have to go anywhere! Stay safe! Friends in ND said they're also in a blizzard.

We had 36F today, but the winds were wicked here along the river, and it felt much colder.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #11623
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,293
43F, no wind...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #11624
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh geez, SB, hope you don't have to go anywhere! Stay safe! Friends in ND said they're also in a blizzard.

We had 36F today, but the winds were wicked here along the river, and it felt much colder.
Thanks for the positive thoughts! Glad they opened the interstate, but they are still advising no travel. Maybe a late start tomorrow! : )
Wish I could go to the gym & the pool. Both fitness centers, with pools, closed today due to the weather.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #11625
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thanks for the positive thoughts! Glad they opened the interstate, but they are still advising no travel. Maybe a late start tomorrow! : )
Wish I could go to the gym & the pool. Both fitness centers, with pools, closed today due to the weather.
Maybe you should take up ice skating
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #11626
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post

Thanks for the positive thoughts! Glad they opened the interstate, but they are still advising no travel. Maybe a late start tomorrow! : )
Wish I could go to the gym & the pool. Both fitness centers, with pools, closed today due to the weather.
Maybe snow shoveling! (yuck). It'll just blow back anyway!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #11627
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,887
I hate wind! You folks are freezing with the wind and our winds are so hot and dry that there was a major fire way south east of here and many homes were lost. We need rain so badly in California.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #11628
Head Chef
 
phinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Surface of the Sun
Posts: 1,801
One more day of this and it's back to dreary old Tennessee :(

__________________
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #11629
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I hate wind! You folks are freezing with the wind and our winds are so hot and dry that there was a major fire way south east of here and many homes were lost. We need rain so badly in California.
Those Santa Ana winds will drive you crazy! I've read that the police in large cities get ready for more disturbances during them.

I lived very near that huge Oakland hills fire disaster when it took place back in the early 90's! That was during Santa Ana time.
__________________
cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #11630
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,114
Very nice, we got up to a sunny 45F with a breeze here along the river. Supposed to get really cold again.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.