"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #11641
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Like Carol, we're on our last day of relatively moderate temps, then down into the teens during the day/single digits until the weekend. Thinking this week will be seeing lots of soupl!

tinlizzy, ALL those things make me crabby. Since I'm naturally crabby I don't need my personality disorder enhanced!
Same here...I really don't need the assist.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #11642
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Similar here. We've had a bit of snow and now it's getting cold again: -16C. It's going to be real January weather for a while.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #11643
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A nice 36F, but it started snowing now, and we're supposed to get to -5 tomorrow, with below zero wind chill. Lovely.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #11644
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It was 42F just a bit ago when I was out. I'm sorry for all the bitter cold folks that who don't want it are getting. I wish I could drag it here where we are equipped, ready and willing to have it.

The fire season next summer is going to be horrible, again.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #11645
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, Cape Cod, that wonderful vacation spot for the rest of America, is under Blizzard Warning. We are supposed to get 6" to 12" snow. No biggie.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #11646
Sous Chef

Its currently around -18C but with the windchill -26C. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be -25C feeling like -34C....BRRRRRRRRR
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #11647
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Its currently around -18C but with the windchill -26C. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be -25C feeling like -34C....BRRRRRRRRR
Have you seen this?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:33 AM   #11648
Master Chef

That same rant would work south of our shared border too taxy! I swear people have become weather wimps. I remember going skiing when the temps were in the teens and the snow was flying thick and fast. Mom would say "how can you go out, it's cold and snowing?" "Um, Mom? I can't snow ski when it's 65 outside!" Now I hide in the house when it's in the teens. Then again, I'm old. But I have to go out tomorrow when it's in the teens thanks to our finely-tuned program known as Health Care. (See "venting" thread...)
Old 01-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #11649
Chef Extraordinaire

When I used to skydive the coldest temp I ever jumped in was 14F. And skiing I don't remember, but it was cold on that lift. I think looking forward to the excitement keeps are minds off the temps and then adrenaline takes over.

11F here right now. We're supposed to be getting into another cold spell. It doesn't feel too bad outside though. No wind right now.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #11650
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Give up. When we were engaged Himself said he would like to retire to FL. I handed the ring to him and told him to find someone else because I would never move to FL full-time. And we had the 2-house thing when we were restoring my parents' home - don't want the responsibility of two residences. We'll celebrate our 40th anniversary later this year. As long as we're still married. I'm still not moving to FL. I told him today that if he still wants to move to FL we can get divorced and split everything right down the middle. He can go to FL and I'll move back to OH. He never answered. Maybe he's thinking this over???
We lived in Florida for a year and a half and only left because the work situation was so bad that we just needed to leave. We were working for my father-in-law's company, but he was hands-off. He had a managing partner who was the worst human being I've ever known and we couldn't work with him any more. The funny thing is we now own my father-in-law's part of the company and we have a majority stake in the building it sits in.

I was telling her last night that words can't explain, and I don't understand, why I love Florida so much. It's this weird, wacky, crazy, hot kind of place that I find so inspiring and magical it's ridiculous. It truly is impossible to explain what it is about that state. I know it sounds nuts, and I honestly think I'm crazy for liking it so much, but I do.

Oh, and I'm freezing my butt off now.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote