What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
High today as predicted. Currently 33°C (°F) and feels like 37°C (99°F). Our high for the day 18:30. It should start going down a bit soon.

Well, it's almost 7pm and it is still 91 F here on the farm. Won't cool off til the sun goes down.
My grass looks like tundra, brown brown brown. Got some horses for the summer and I'm guessing they're wondering what the H** happened since they arrived a couple of days ago! LOL

Not supposed to rain til Tues and even then it's only a 60% chance, although that can change daily.

They've just issued a heat warning for around here. Urban area's will be slightly worse.

they are say a humidex of near 40. I know that Canadian humidex readings are different from America but I don't know what/how/or whatever.... and I'm too hot and tired to figure it out.

Other than a few spits and promises, we are finally getting some nice gentle rain. No wind, no thunder (although there is supposed to be). Off and on all night and today pretty steady since about 8:30. Gentle gentle - the grass is so brown it rather looks like the sahara. The only green things are the weeds!

So no wind, no thunder - so why have I lost power? My generator is going thank goodness as I have a pie in the oven. But why a power failure????

Other than a few spits and promises, we are finally getting some nice gentle rain. No wind, no thunder (although there is supposed to be). Off and on all night and today pretty steady since about 8:30. Gentle gentle - the grass is so brown it rather looks like the sahara. The only green things are the weeds!

So no wind, no thunder - so why have I lost power? My generator is going thank goodness as I have a pie in the oven. But why a power failure????

Good question.

Yeah, they forecast that we would actually get tropical storm Fay, as still a tropical storm! They are now forecasting "remnants of tropical storm Fay". We got the gentle rain too and now the sun is out. I thought it was going to rain until Monday. The lawns in my condo association are mostly weeds, that get mowed. So, we have plenty of green. I, personally don't think of them as weeds, but as hardier, local ground cover. It works perfectly well as a lawn.

taxy, I personally think that crabgrass gets a bad rap. Hardy, green in the heat... It needs a better publicity agent.

dragn, could you have lost power because everyone is running their A/C full blast and the system got overloaded? Just a thought.

We're hot (86), we're humid (feels like 98). I thought I would drown when I went out to fill the oriole grape jelly cups and put fresh water in the bird bath and took a breath. And no, I did not have my head in the bird bath! The air is oppressive. God bless Willis Carrier. It's nothing like that inside the house.

CG this is country side. Looked at the map yesterday afternoon for the outage and it was just our grid - maybe 20 residences - all farms. Doubt if even half of them have A/Cs.

You could be right but I rather think some idiot thought they could speed thru the country side to get a breeze on their faces - and found that gentle rain is just enough to lift road oil and their black rubber circular spin marks they left earlier in the week. Hope it was one of our deeper ditches.

CG...I rather think some idiot thought they could speed thru the country side to get a breeze on their faces - and found that gentle rain is just enough to lift road oil and their black rubber circular spin marks they left earlier in the week. Hope it was one of our deeper ditches.
Ooo, you're evil. :devilish: I like how you think. :mrgreen:

We're getting a full on "politician thunderstorm" - all noise, no results. In spite of the angels all bowling perfect games, we ended up (so far) with no noticeable raising of the bird bath water level. Looks like I'll have to run out and fill it - which is when a downpour will happen, no doubt. :LOL: Oh, yeah, it's hot and humid, too.

Here, on the Island of Montreal, we are having another heat wave. It's currently 32°C (90° F) and feels like 42°C (108° F). We are also expecting a thunderstorm this evening.

Even though very hot and humid, the temps have been going down a lot during the night (then right back up) but we've been having quite a few sporadic storms of which I am NOT complaining - the grass is starting to look a bit green again!

Just a little rainy. What looks like Spanish moss in the top of the tree across the street is actually rain. Yup, it's been that heavy!

Once the rain moves out, temps will be heading up again - close to 90 predicted for tomorrow.IMG_20200802_170342867_HDR.jpg

We have just had several thunderstorms. I just heard thunder again and we are expecting one more after that. They are accompanied by torrential rain and wind.

DH managed to take the garbage out in a 15 minute window between the first two. He got drenched last week and said that at the first drops, he would head back to the house. But, luckily, he didn't get any drops.

It's been great here - rain off and on - perfect for watering the grass and plants. Gives them a chance to soak it up before the next pour.

Ottawa area and over northerly towards our chalet has tornado warnings.
How yah doin' Rock? Batten down your hatches!

We've got some gentle rain going on right now. Great for the garden. Tomorrow will be another story, though. Isaiahs will be paying us a visit tomorrow evening. It's expected to be a tropical storm by the time it gets here (ha, CG! ;) ). We're as ready as we can be.

I hope it wasn't too bad in South Florida where medtran and Craig are.

Hey, how would you all feel about starting a new thread for this topic, like we do with "What are you baking"? For some reason, I can't view this thread in the DC app on my tablet - it just doesn't show up. That makes it more difficult for me to participate, and I'd guess I'm not the only one. Any objections?

Hey, how would you all feel about starting a new thread for this topic, like we do with "What are you baking"? For some reason, I can't view this thread in the DC app on my tablet - it just doesn't show up. That makes it more difficult for me to participate, and I'd guess I'm not the only one. Any objections?

It's probably too long for the app now, too many posts.

I think a new one would be good. A link to the new one at the end of this would probably be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom