"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #13521
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A brisk -8F right now here along the river.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #13522
Sous Chef

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR here!

Old 02-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #13523
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh happy day! 29F. and bright sunshine. But not for long.

Yesterday was the same. I went out to have a late lunch with my daughter. I wouldn't be surprised to find a notice from the restaurant asking us to not return in the future. We just couldn't stop laughing. It was one of those days when everything was funny. I had clam chowder, fried clams plate, coffee. When we left, it even felt warm out. So we stood in the sunshine and had a cigarette. By the time I go home, I was exhausted. But I hated to go in. If the benches has been cleared off, I would have sat outside for a few minutes.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #13524
Executive Chef

We FINALLY got some snow here. Feb. has been unusually warm, in the 50's and 60's and this area relies on the snow pack for irrigation water later in the year. Yesterday we got 18 inches of snow. DH brought this home from work to clear some driveways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3112.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	22624   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3099.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	22625  

Old 03-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #13525
Sous Chef

We're supposed to get to 78F today.
I'm putting my house on the market....any takers?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:44 PM   #13526
Certified Pretend Chef

Watching the weather tonight. We are within a few inches of the snowiest winter ever recorded for Boston. The news team is actually rooting for us to break the record! 104+ inches and they want more. People are insane from all the cold and snow.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #13527
Master Chef

I can't get over those Slurpee waves in Nantucket! So weird to not see any foam with a wave! Oh how I wish those stills were a video to see the movement!

Wishing sunshine to everyone who so badly needs it.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 AM   #13528
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Watching the weather tonight. We are within a few inches of the snowiest winter ever recorded for Boston. The news team is actually rooting for us to break the record! 104+ inches and they want more. People are insane from all the cold and snow.
I am with you Andy. Have the weather and news folks lost their minds? We can't recover from what we have now and they want to pile more on. And now they are concerned with the St. Paddy's Day Parade. The City should be concerned with snow removal. The Mayor is telling us we may just have to get used to living with all the snow banks. He wants to put all the resources in Southie to clear for the parade. Has this idiot lost his mind? There are so many streets that are supposed to be two way. Big joke. You are lucky if they are one way. I think we voted in the wrong person to replace Mennino. Unless you live in an Irish section of Boston, you just don't count I guess.

I know the city workers and contractors are very tired. Give them a day or two off, and then set up three shifts for them to start clearing the snow from ALL parts and neighborhoods in the city. I wouldn't complain at all to hear the snow removal crews outside at night as long as I knew the city was really trying to make an effort. It seems like they have just given up.

We set our clocks back this Saturday. That will give the City more hours of daylight to work on snow removal. I wonder if they will take advantage of the extra time.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:15 AM   #13529
Master Chef

Kayelle, ask and you shall receive! I hunted a video down, at your request. Enjoy.

How "Slurpee" Waves Formed Along a Nantucket Beach | Science | Smithsonian
Old 03-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #13530
Master Chef

Cross Norway off my bucket list!