"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #13581
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
It's currently 0C (32F) and has stopped snowing.

Yesterday:

Today:

Yesterday:

Today:

Old 03-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #13582
Master Chef

That is absolutely beautiful scenery, Taxy. They look like Christmas greetings postcards.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #13583
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
That is absolutely beautiful scenery, Taxy. They look like Christmas greetings postcards.
Thank you, but it's March! In fact, it's the Ides of March.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #13584
Master Chef

I know, but it's still very pretty.

Coffee on the patio early this morning in the west.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	22663  
Old 03-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #13585
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It's still raining softly, has been all day. So, of course I bought a new set of patio furniture, today. Got some of that plastic wicker in peacock blue and a small table with a blue glass mosaic. Bombay inspired cushions for the two chairs. It's 60F out and once it gets dark, even if it's raining, I'm taking my purple tealight lantern out for a sit down.

Hopefully the neighbors won't trash this set.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:27 AM   #13586
Master Chef

Well Addie, you guys there in Boston did it. You survived the Winter of the Most Snow Ever. A record of 108.6 inches, a full inch over the previous snowiest winter, was reached at the official weather station at Logan Airport on Sunday. I'm not sure if I should be offering congratulations or condolences.

THIS was the winter Himself might have been able to talk me into moving to FL. Too late. I might consider it, though, if FL ever wants to move closer to our kids...
Old 03-16-2015, 03:49 AM   #13587
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Well Addie, you guys there in Boston did it. You survived the Winter of the Most Snow Ever. A record of 108.6 inches, a full inch over the previous snowiest winter, was reached at the official weather station at Logan Airport on Sunday. I'm not sure if I should be offering congratulations or condolences.

THIS was the winter Himself might have been able to talk me into moving to FL. Too late. I might consider it, though, if FL ever wants to move closer to our kids...
That is not a record I was striving for. I am waiting for all the snow on the benches outside the front door to melt, so I can sit outside for just a few moments. Looks like I will have to wait longer now. We have a patio. But you can't even see it. It is completely buried in snow. even all the furniture. They keep the snow blower out there. There is just a path from the snow blower to the door. And a bigger pile where the door pushed back all the snow so they could get to the snow blower. Not much hope in this building for an early Spring.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 AM   #13588
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

I can understand your feelings. Five times I have moved out of Massachusetts. And even though my kids were all grown and on their own, I kept coming back to be near them. I think I would have done the same thing even if I never had any kids. There is something that keeps drawing you back to home. To your birthplace.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #13589
Chef Extraordinaire

It seems I slept through our snow fall today. I was up for almost 24 hours yesterday. Evidently my son was telling me about it and then was telling me some of the things I said and did. It seems I was sleep walking. I started to get dressed because I wanted to go sledding. And the only way he could stop me was to tell me that all the snow had melted. Then I sat down at the computer and sent out some stuff. So if you got a crazy post from me, please ignore it. I do not remember any of the stuff he was telling me. Evidently I lead a crazy life when I sleepwalk. That is something new. I have never done that before. Evidently I got up three times today and just went on doing what I normally do when I am awake. Then back to bed to finish sleeping.

I finally wake up and see that it is 36F. outside and the snow did not melt. But I am not going sledding.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #13590
Chef Extraordinaire

It's snowing here. It has been snowing since 06h. It isn't accumulating on the ground because the temperature has been between -1 and 1C. Sigh. I like winter, but enough is enough.