"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #13601
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Mad Cook, I am not going to stomp through the tunnel looking for the light at the end. I want Spring now! So someone start stomping and turn on the light for Spring. Enough is enough. 23F. That is not Spring temperatures.
After a couple of lovey sunny and warm spring-like days with temps in parts of the UK in the middle 50s F, today is cold and miserable with fine drizzle and frost forecast for the next few nights.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #13602
Master Chef

OK all you cold people looking for Spring..come and visit me.

It couldn't be more beautiful this morning with full sun, blue skies, no wind and 73 degrees. I've been on the porch reading this morning, looking out to green 2,000 ft. South Mountain with red tailed hawks making lazy circles in the sky.
Ducking and running....

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #13603
Master Chef

Kayelle, I've been on my "porch" all afternoon, enjoying warm air and sunshine too! No red tailed hawks, though. Just birds and silly squirrels.

It's sunny and 76. INSIDE my sun room. It's still sunny outside of it, but it's 33 degrees on the other side of the glass. Almost no breeze. Crystal-clear skies with nary a cloud to mar them. Kinda hard to be crabby about the temperature since I have absolutely no reason to go outside. I got enough fresh air when I opened the door up to toss peanuts to my friendly backyard nuthatches and a couple of scary-tame squirrels. I don't open the door if they are close to it so that they don't hop in and help themselves to the nut can.

Since we can't do anything about the weather, may as well just roll with the punches by now. I just wish we could save some of this cold air so we don't have to go through long stretches of 80+ degree temps for weeks on end this summer. You know it's gonna happen.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:09 PM   #13604
Master Chef

Sounds beautiful on your sun porch CG. As long as the sun is shining, all's right with my world. I wish we had some squirrels for entertainment. Those hawks are beautiful to behold though. A while back I was reading out there on the porch and one of them landed on the porch rail, no more than 6 ft. from me. He sat there looking at a ceramic rabbit I had below in the garden, waiting for it to move I guess. It was amazing to be so up close and personal and I was careful not to move so he wouldn't notice me. I had to find a picture online for you to see how beautiful he was.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #13605
Chef Extraordinaire

Overcast & off/on again rain all day. Low 30's. We need the moisture. Some sunshine would surely brighten a lot of moods around here today!
Old 03-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #13606
Senior Cook

Sunny and a beautiful 78F in North Texas. It will all fall apart tomorrow with some severe thunderstorms tomorrow, though. We need the rain, so I'm not complaining. I should put out my rosemary pot to collect some free watering.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs
should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein
Maelinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:35 PM   #13607
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We got all the way up to -2C (28F).
Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #13608
Master Chef

76F here now and a little cloudy. Supposed to be a high of 82F and sunny tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #13609
Chef Extraordinaire

Our temp today stayed in the high 30's. But there was no wind and the sun was shining in full brightness. I had to go to Winthrop today for blood work. I went downstairs early and sat outside for 45 minutes waiting for the van to come pick me up. I could actually feel the warmth of the sun on my face. It almost gave me hope that we were going to have a Spring. Maybe. I am not getting my hopes up yet.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #13610
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just checked the weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-25 weathe.gif
Views:	56
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	22679