What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's chilly, overcast, raining on and off , suppose to have thunderstorms all weekend. I guess we can't have the yard sale this weekend. My township requires a permit only for the weekend, $5 and it is hard to plan what weekend to do it , weather is so unstable.

Thinking of you texasgirl (and the rest of you in Texas as Ike nears), stay safe.

Our weather is cool and overcast. Its thinking about raining but I think the thunderstorms last night might have been all we are going to get for a while.

I'm getting really nervous now - Ike is a monster. I've been watching Surfside beach (where I spent much of my time as a teen) disappear under water. My mom is in Houston. I know I won't be sleeping tonight so I guess I'll be hanging here with whoever is up.

I'm getting really nervous now - Ike is a monster. I've been watching Surfside beach (where I spent much of my time as a teen) disappear under water. My mom is in Houston. I know I won't be sleeping tonight so I guess I'll be hanging here with whoever is up.

I know, my parents live in Friendswood where I grew up and they were under a mandatory evacuation. I can't believe how flooded everything is already....it hasn't even started raining really.

It's so nice to have channell 11's live coverage online (at News Video On Demand | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas)

The news coverage on Ike looks very scary - FM, I hope your Mom is spared any fear or trouble. I understand her not being willing to leave her pets; I would probably (foolishly) do the same. Hope you are all safe and sound. Please stay in touch if you can and let us know.

Rain - its been raining here at the campground since Friday !!!! - going stir crazy - :wacko: Temp is only 64 f, windy - yuck-o!!! Need my sun !!!

Heavy overcast, hot & humid. Rain will miss us, but the entire LP of Michigan is being deluged with rain. Never saw so much rain in one place. The remnants of Ike are retaining their shape and hammering every place it moves thru.

It's been sunny and beautiful here......unfortunately, my home area in the states didn't fare as well..........the eye of Hurricane Ike passed directly over them........my son and his family take care of our home and he commented that I wouldn't believe the damage.....it may be weeks before they have power.....luckily we are able to keep in contact with him because I had bought a generator 3 years ago online when another hurricane had been predicted.......not been necessary to use it until now......at least the fridge and freezer work and we can maintain internet contact with them

crazy....we have trees falling all around my house and we just got our power back after a couple of hours!We have warnings till midnight

The remnants of Ike went through our area today, where it met a cold front coming in from the north. The biggest part of the rain went a little north of us, but we had a lot of wind, and there are trees down, houses and cars smashed, and several areas without power.

Sadly, one of my dear old friends, one of the ancient oaks in our woods, had the top taken out of it. :( I hope he can come back from this. I don't know what to do about it...the top was caught in the branches of the surrounding trees, so it didn't come down. It's not a clean break, either...part of it is still connected and the rest is splintered. These trees are over 150' tall. It would cost a fortune to get a tree trimmer up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom