"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 PM   #14531
Head Chef

much nicer today especially now it has cooled off a lot and even the humidity has really dropped. Earlier was thick from all the rain yesterday and last night. It really came down.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #14532
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Gorgeous day. Got up to 83F, but it felt like the mid 70s, no humidity and a nice breeze. Took Beagle for a long walk, and she and DH didn't lie on the floor panting when we got home.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:28 PM   #14533
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I ended up shopping in air-conditioned stores and riding around in the air-conditioned car. For once I don't smell like a locker room at half-time.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:55 AM   #14534
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Gorgeous day. Got up to 83F, but it felt like the mid 70s, no humidity and a nice breeze. Took Beagle for a long walk, and she and DH didn't lie on the floor panting when we got home.
Oh dear! Thank you for my morning laugh. I have a mental picture of the both of them fighting for the coolest spot on the floor.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:00 AM   #14535
Chef Extraordinaire

Right now our temp is 77F. Expecting it to go to mid 80's. Gee PF, you sure do know how to spend a hot day.

I am supposed to leave my apartment for the day. But I don't like leaving with workman here tearing my home apart. At least I have AC here. I dread going out into the hall to get the elevator. No AC out there and the windows let in all the sunshine.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #14536
Master Chef

100F now at 6PM, that's not too bad compared to what it was a few weeks ago. The winds are down and the humidity is rising, hopefully that will help the firefighters control at least some of the fires.

Instead of our usual clear bright blue skies and orange sunsets, this is what it looked like a street or two up from my house yesterday afternoon, from all the smoke from the Sierra fire. I know it's not really 'weather' related, but didn't want to post this is the random photo thread - there are such nice pics there.

And this is nothing compared to what the homeowners and firefighters are going through in the fire zones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	25209  
Old 08-20-2016, 09:16 PM   #14537
Head Chef

If I didn't know that those clouds were from a fire, I would say it was a lovely picture. But as it is.... worrisome.

My daughter, although far from the fires at Fort McM, still suffered from the smoke that drifted into Edmonton from there (she has asthma issues).

Hope things get better and go well for the firefighters there Cheryl.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #14538
Chef Extraordinaire

To all our Florida members and friends.

I just got the notice on my computer that Hermine has been updated to a hurricane and is headed your way on your West Coast. So everyone please listen to your authorities and take their advice. Prayers for all of you. And one to look down on all of you and to protect you and yours.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:04 PM   #14539
Master Chef

My prayers are with you all........thanks, Addie, for the update.....
Old 09-01-2016, 06:39 PM   #14540
Sous Chef

We've had about 14 inches of rain since last night. Wind bands come and go. I'm on the eastern/southern edge so won't get the brunt of it. There's concern about storm surge in Tampa Bay. I'm two streets outside of the flood zone, so should be OK, but right now my backyard looks like a swimming pool!