What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has gotten very cold the last two days up here with a raw wind and temps just into the 30s. The wind chill this morning had to be in the single digits. I am going to make some comfort food if this keeps up. BTW snow Monday and Teusday.

High today of 30 degrees-dropping to 10 degrees overnight. Wish we were having Thanksgiving at your house DQ!!!

As you may or may not know, I'm from Michigan. They have ton of snow there right now. While the weather here is gorgeous, no one gets it that it has to SNOW for it to really be Thankgiving Day, and Christmas? Well, that's a whole other sad story. :( Like I said, it just ain't right. :LOL:

It's cold, very cold. This is when I begin my annual "why do I still live here?!?!" self-questioning....
High was 23 today. wind chills in the single digits.
Supposed to get down to 3 tonight. Maybe 5.
That's even colder than normal for here on the tundra.
(sigh)

It's snowing to beat the band! It's also thundering which truly amazes me while the snow is coming down. My dd who lives way east of us was driving home from bowling tonight and only going 30mph on the freeway. It was a good night to stay in in front of the fireplace.

Barb

Suziquzie: That's the same question I asked myself after moving to so cal, after so many years on the high plains: "Why did I put up with it for all those years"? I guess we just take for granted that's how it is and resign ourselves to living through it. I recall one particulary rough winter back in the early 80's. Snow was piled seven or eight feet high on either side of the streets and for a period of twenty one days the daytime high never got over zero. I found myself actually getting used to it as the norm. Scary. Thats when I decided enough was enough. Granted, it did take a while for eveything to fall in place so I could move, but move I did. Not all of us can, or should, otherwise the continent would tip sideways and we'd all fall off the edge! As I think back on it, I remember I had an opportunity to move to Hawaii and turned it down because it didn't have percipible seasons. How foolish the young are! About a year or so ago, some of my in-laws decided to move back to Rhinelander, WI (way north) from Phoenix. It wasn't six months and they were back "home".
Anyway, we are where we are unless we consiciously do something about it. Forgive me for waxing philosophical this evening..............

Cold as a witch's boobies in a brass bra here. Wind blowing at between 15 and 25 mph, too. Temp at the moment is 23F, so the wind is making it, uh, chilly. My poor outside kitties. Hope they're in their light bulb-warmed shelter on the front porch.

Clear with bright blue sky though and the weather report is for not much above the high 30s for the day. Guess I'd better wear a coat today.

At the time of posting, 6.30am Saturday here, it's 26C [79F] 86% humidity, hot North winds @ 32klm [20mph] coming down from the Equator so the Monsoon season is about to start.
Some pretty horrendous storms already with more forecasted, yesterday one town closeby had hail stones 7" in diameter so I hope we don't get anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom