"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2017, 04:26 AM   #15881
Chef Extraordinaire

It's going to be interesting around here later this morning. It's about 20 out, and my son's rugby team is doing a promotional film/photo shoot in conjunction with Rhino Rugby (a manufacturer of all things rugby - uniforms, game gear, practice equipment, etc.)

The boys are essentially going to be modeling the unis, then making videos of action shots of game play. Rugby uniforms are very short shorts, and collared short sleeve shirts. And it'll be in the 20s at the start. And the ground will be frozen solid.

Should be interesting.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #15882
Head Chef

Addie, did you ever get warm yesterday? Bucky, hope your boy does well and you both stay warm during the promo shoot today. I can remember when I was in school and we would have to go to various parades and such during the fall and winter (I was in the marching band). One year is was so cold that my clarinet froze together and I had to take it inside the restaurant with me after the parade.

It's 46 outside right now, and the wind doesn't seem as bad as it was yesterday.

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #15883
Executive Chef

Here in PA we had an extended summer, but then switched to winter overnight. No autumn.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #15884
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Addie, did you ever get warm yesterday? Bucky, hope your boy does well and you both stay warm during the promo shoot today. I can remember when I was in school and we would have to go to various parades and such during the fall and winter (I was in the marching band). One year is was so cold that my clarinet froze together and I had to take it inside the restaurant with me after the parade.

It's 46 outside right now, and the wind doesn't seem as bad as it was yesterday.

Thanks, cjm. It turned out to be a fun day, and with the sunny sky it warmed up to the 40s.

I marched in high school as well. I marched with an Alto, but I also played Tenor in concert/orchestra, and Bari-sax in jazz band.

The best part about marching in the cold was staying warm under thick blankets with the color guard and sabre/rifle girls...
Old 11-13-2017, 04:39 AM   #15885
Chef Extraordinaire

Yeah cj. I cranked up the heat and let it run full blast. And then I put on my granny long sleeve granny nightgown. I kept that on all day. Today is supposed to be warmer. I hope so. I have to leave at 8 a.m. for a doctor's appointment. I am having an ultra sound on my stomach to check my blood flow. Oh joy. So much fun in my life. I pray for boredom.

I got my great BIG pan down and filled it with water. Then let it sit on the stove on the lowest heat. The house finally warmed up.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #15886
Head Chef

It's 47 and rainy right now. We're supposed to run some errands today but if it's still raining we may wait a bit.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #15887
Head Chef

48 and sunny today so far. Need to remember to check out tanks today to see if I need to call our provider.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #15888
Chef Extraordinaire

Miserable! Rainy, raw and 39F. Anyone want to go for a long walk over at Revere Beach for a mile or two?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:51 AM   #15889
Head Chef

Still not quite low enough to call for a refill - 14%. They want us to wait until 10% to call, or some reason.

49 and cloudy right now, going to be in the mid-50's and cloudy today.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #15890
Head Chef

It was 80 degrees today! December 4th! Enough, already.

The weather gurus say a pretty potent cold front is coming tonight, so it will be in the 50s the rest of the week. I'm just itching to make some gumbo, so bring on some gumbo weather, please.

CD