What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! What a mess!!! It's been "raining" ice for the last hour. Sounds as though we're being showered with rice. The sidewalks and roads are solid white. The ground is now beginning to get covered.

The wind is blowing again. My little flag in the herb garden is completely straight out and whipping about. Brutally cold outside. The thermometer says 24F but, with the wind, the "feels like" is about 11F.

My poor outside kitties are having a rough go of it. At least they have their "house" with the 75-watt light bulb in it to keep them warm. It's in a corner of the front porch, sort of sheltered. I put extra blankets in before the storm began and put some boards in place to try to block some of the wind. Doesn't look too pretty on the porch, but I'm not trying to get into Better Homes & Gardens today.

This is supposed to go on all night and into tomorrow morning. I parked out away from any trees in case the limbs become covered with ice and decided to give 'way. I also left the driver's side of my car unlocked as a precaution.

Should be an interesting night.

It's still raining (hapy, happy, happy). Snowing like the dickens up in the mountains. Such a day, I decided to bake a loaf of Chalah and a pan of brownies to go with supper. Sounds like everyone is getting something, although not everyone likes what they're getting............

Time to pull out the extra blankies.... going to be -17 tonight with -30 wind chills.

Can someone explain to me how this part of the country is settled??
I mean really.... who were the first people that spent a winter here and decided it would be a good idea to do it again???
I need to win the lottery and become a snowbird.

Bitter cold-below zero with brutal wind chill. Calling for 2" - 4" of snow tonite into tomorrow, and snow the rest of the week.

Did I mention I HATE WINTER!?

It's warming up!! Yippppeeeee!!!! It's 17 degrees now! More snow tonight! I'm so excited!! NOT!

It's 21F here. Very little wind, which is a change.
I suppose I should go put up that snow fence I've been putting off before we get hit again.....

Ok. we're finally up to zero.
It warmed up to snow.
:( Jeez you'd think it was winter in Minnesota or something.
Oh well, its not starting as an inch of ice this time. thats good.

Still bitter cold, but the wind's slowed down quite a bit. That's a good thing. Thermometer says 21F.

Spitting icy precip of some sort and supposed to do this until at least tomorrow.

I was able to get out of the driveway and down my street (on a steep hill) to the shop this morning. Street hadn't been plowed or treated when I left, so the trip down was careful. Came home a few minutes ago. Street still untouched, so I guess that's how it's going to be today.

It is going to start to snow. It is 27 degrees outside and we are suspecting fine flakes coming down fast. There is a winter weather advisory. Not a major ice and snow storm but enough to get the roads very slick. By 1 am the snow will turn into ice or rain by tomorrow morn, drizzle or freezing drizzle. It is a more of a travel advisory--to drive carefully. And, we will have another cloudy day. These gray days are getting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom