"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #1591
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,270
Amazing Corazon!!

Today is bright and sunny and meant to be 30C. The cicadas are ticking away, with their tunes enveloping me as I sit at the dining table with the front and back doors open on either side of me. The cats are lolling in the garden and the birds are flitting down every so often looking for another feed. Lovely day. Good day to be alive.
__________________

__________________
Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #1592
Senior Cook
 
stassie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Amazing Corazon!!

Today is bright and sunny and meant to be 30C. The cicadas are ticking away, with their tunes enveloping me as I sit at the dining table with the front and back doors open on either side of me. The cats are lolling in the garden and the birds are flitting down every so often looking for another feed. Lovely day. Good day to be alive.
Is there a 'home-sick' smiley? Maybe: ?

Anyway, you just made me miss Perth! I have family there, and it appears that it's time I visited again. Goodness... I can just about smell the gum trees.

Here, it's raining one minute then lovely and sunny the next - currently transitioning from rainy to sunny. Can't seem to make up it's mind!
__________________

__________________
stassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 AM   #1593
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by stassie View Post
Is there a 'home-sick' smiley? Maybe: ?

Anyway, you just made me miss Perth! I have family there, and it appears that it's time I visited again. Goodness... I can just about smell the gum trees.

Here, it's raining one minute then lovely and sunny the next - currently transitioning from rainy to sunny. Can't seem to make up it's mind!
We're in that up and down period of spring where you just think the heater can finally go away and then it does a cold night suddenly. Hopefully that stage is over but I have left mine out just in case.

My SIL is from the NI (Mangaweka) so she finds the heat in Perth terrible in the summer. So they now live in Busselton instead. I'm out near the Swan Valley in High Wycombe. Where abouts is your family, Stassie?
__________________
Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 AM   #1594
Head Chef
 
lulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: England
Posts: 2,039
Every morning is different right now. Bitterly cold and frosty one morning, damply cool the next. This morning is cool and sunny but not crisp.
__________________
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #1595
Executive Chef
 
redkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,200
England just seems to have many shades of grey. Thats the weather today, grey. :(
__________________
Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #1596
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: dublin,ireland
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to tomchef
ireland is wet and cold......
for a change
__________________
if your not riding the wave of change you will soon find yourself beneath it
tomchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #1597
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
63* Windy and humid...Going to 82* Slight Chance of rain..We need it!!!!
__________________
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #1598
Chef Extraordinaire
 
middie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cleveland,Ohio USA
Posts: 16,264
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
It was a high of 66 degrees today. It's still about 60 out now.
I wish it would stay like that. Tomorrow's back to reality back down into the 40's with rain/snow mix.
__________________
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #1599
Senior Cook
 
stassie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
We're in that up and down period of spring where you just think the heater can finally go away and then it does a cold night suddenly. Hopefully that stage is over but I have left mine out just in case.

My SIL is from the NI (Mangaweka) so she finds the heat in Perth terrible in the summer. So they now live in Busselton instead. I'm out near the Swan Valley in High Wycombe. Where abouts is your family, Stassie?
We're in Hamilton, but I love the Perth heat. I've just about suceeded in persuading my husband to move over there .

I have relatives all over the city, but usually stay in Swan View when I'm over - so quite close to you really!

Today, it was actually quite nice. The odd cloud, but better than yesterday. I can't wait till summer starts properly!
__________________
stassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #1600
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 581
32F right now, low for the night in the mid to upper 20's
__________________

__________________
NAchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.