What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently snowing like crazy here in Vegas. Beautiful.

It usually snows at least once a year here, but never in the middle of the afternoon like this. And we know it's not going to be a 'problem' for us like it is in some places.

Oh Wow, I was about to post some pictures of BC and our unusual all day snowfall, but nothing tops your photos DramaQueen! Those are crazy!

Oh well, I will post some anyway.

Attachments

• Dec17Snow1.jpg
    Dec17Snow1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Dec17Snow2.jpg
    Dec17Snow2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Dec17Snow4.jpg
    Dec17Snow4.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Dec17Snow7.jpg
    Dec17Snow7.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Dec17Snow3.jpg
    Dec17Snow3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 213
Currently snowing like crazy here in Vegas. Beautiful.

. And we know it's not going to be a 'problem' for us like it is in some places.

Really? It's already a problem. It's getting dark and my daughter just got home from her job on the Strip. Normally it takes her about 12 minutes to get home. Tonight 55 minutes, and she said the streets are littered with accidents. Most people here don't know how to drive in the snow since some of them have never even seen it. The news just said it will snow all night accumulating to about 7 to 10 inches. Holey Moley. All my flowers are still blooming and I can kiss them goodbye.

Attachments

• SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 016.jpg
    SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 016.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 187
Yeah, Queen. Our nephew Mark just called from Vegas, he lives in North Vegas, and he can't beleive it! And it's raining cats and dogs here in San Diego, where it hardly ever rains. Neat, huh? Your pictures are great!

Sunday the City of Portland posted "Chains Required" due to snow and ice covered streets. Meaning if you get caught driving without them, they impound your vehicle. Wednesday and I still have the truck in 4WD. Supposedly a whopper of a storm is to hit Sunday and Monday a foot or more of snow is being predicted for the Wilamette Valley where I am at. The Cascades will get several feet! No point in complaining, that is our summer water.

Crawling out from under our two-day ice/snow storm. Miserable here. I had a difficult time getting out of the driveway today. Nothing but a hard, clear sheet of ice.

Warmed all the way up to freezing today. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow, with (believe it or not) the possibility of thunderstorms. Wild, wild weather.

Currently 9 degrees in balmy Nebraska-calling for freezing rain and accumulating snow starting tomorrow afternoon.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before, but in case I didn't-I HATE WINTER!!

The storm some of you have been having is supposed to be in western PA tonight/tomorrow. They''re calling for 5-8 in of snow..... unless it's mixed with freezing rain. In which case it will be less.
So now I'm trying to decide which is worse (lol)

Aww, DQ I am so sorry about your tree. It was very beautiful. It is hard to believe the devastation that can be found in what is relatively a short period of time.

Our snow stopped about 8 pm yesterday but it is still cold and so it is sticking around. This has shut down schools, transportation systems (like my special bus service) and roads. I know a lot of people think all of Canada is the "Great White North", but I actually live in the Great WET North - people are used to rain, not snow here.

Yesterday, the high temperature was 20 degrees F. and the low was -8 degrees F. This morning it is a balmy 4 degrees warmer at -4 degrees F. I almost wish it would storm at least it would be warmer. We also have freezing fog which is not helping matters any. I agree with smoke king, I also HATE winter!!

At 1 a.m. this morning the snow finally stopped here in Vegas. The weathercaster said my area, the hardest hit, had 9 inches on the ground. I expected to wake up to a "Winter Wonderland" but instead woke to "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Then snow at 8 a.m. is almost gone but my beloved California Pepper tree is in shambles. It will have to be removed. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it but there will be a price to pay. Here are the before and after shots.

Attachments

• Fall pics 2008 001.jpg
    Fall pics 2008 001.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 155
  • SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 022.jpg
    SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 022.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 159
So, Uncle Bob, does this mean you have gotten your head out of the fog? LOL!

We have sunshine as well, but it is still -5 (Celsius) and there is a threat of more snow tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom