What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have highs in the low 20's and lows in the mid-teens. We have snow from yesterday and a layer of ice underneath. It's like a skating rink in my driveway and we've had it plowed! It's very windy too. I don't think we're supposed to get much accumulation though.

Barb

I think next year I'll be in the USA over christmas... there I'll find a place with snow.. but I don't know how to tell DH..

We have our usual holiday-weather... 8°C/46°F and rain... *sigh*

VERY windy!! And last night it sounded like someone put a train in my front yard! I fully expected my wreath to be completely gone in the morning!! But its still hangin on with all its might! :)

lol I went to get the Sunday paper this morning and before I could barely open the front door the wind did the job for me! Felt like someone was on the otherside pushin to get in!

cold cold cold cold windy windy windy. The city is living up to its name right now, LOL.:dizzy:

If there are any questions, you can find me huddled under the comforter wishing I had a fireplace....:glare:

Weather here in the PNW has been hard on the wildlife too. Our sunflower feeder usually lasts 3 - 4 days between fills. It was cleaned and filled yesterday and is nearly empty this morning. Also,wWe've had to bring the hummer feeder in at night to keep the nectar from freezing.

Even though it's sunny, our witch has her brass bra on. A bit windy and the temp is only about 19F. Don't want to think what the windchill temp is. Supposed to get to the single digits tonight or lower tonight. This is the coldest it's been so far this season.

I'm going to give my outside kitties extra food and keep their water dish "liquid." I almost wish I could bring them in tonight, but that would not be a good idea.

Tomorrow's supposed to be cold, too.

Even though it's sunny, our witch has her brass bra on. A bit windy and the temp is only about 19F. Don't want to think what the windchill temp is. Supposed to get to the single digits tonight or lower tonight. This is the coldest it's been so far this season.

I'm going to give my outside kitties extra food and keep their water dish "liquid." I almost wish I could bring them in tonight, but that would not be a good idea.

Tomorrow's supposed to be cold, too.

I have always wondered where outside cats go in this cold? In the country we knew they went into the barns and would be just fine. Not sure about around here.
It is -3 here right now, I feel for any left out in the cold right now...

Mav, they have a special house I built for them a number of years ago. It's filled with lots and lots of old sleeping bags and blankets and has a 75-watt light bulb inside for warmth. The opening is "sealed" with clear plastic strips so they can move in and out without too much of their warmth escaping and they can see outside. They pile in there and seem quite happy.

I have this wonderful four seasons room which serves as my office and is surrounded with windows on three sides. Today I can look out and see snow up to the window sills, the white tipped evergreens blowing, our peace flag fluttering for survival and the birds still trying to get food out of the feeders. Winter in Wisconsin.

I have this wonderful four seasons room which serves as my office and is surrounded with windows on three sides. Today I can look out and see snow up to the window sills, the white tipped evergreens blowing, our peace flag fluttering for survival and the birds still trying to get food out of the feeders. Winter in Wisconsin.

What a wonderful image. I can almost picture it in my mind. I am looking out my window beside my computer watching the snow come down. While I dislike it because it pretty well imprisons me in the house, some how watching it out the window is so peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom