What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cloudy with light wind and 22 degrees in the Texas panhandle. s'posed to get down a little colder (teens) tonight and back into the 30s tomorrow.

my son is stuck in Minneapolis after weather delays yesterday (he departed from Oklahoma) - he can't get a flight back to Anchorage until Monday evening so he's hanging out in Mpls. I read somewhere that the weather in the Northwest (seattle area) was causing a lot of problems with flights in and out of Alaska. I feel bad for the people whose flights have been cancelled and their plans are so disrupted during the holiday crush...

Yes... the airport has cancelled and delayed many flights! It's really yucky here!!!:mad:

I've seen far worse, even here in southern Illinois. We have no snow, but it's supposed to get down to 7 degrees again tonight, and ice is predicted for Tuesday.
It's winter time, my friends!

In the meantime, I talked to our son, Chris, and my grandson Erik in Florida yesterday...it was E's b'day, and Chris and his wife were cooking him a special dinner. It's been in the mid 70's, lower 80's there, and they're still running around in shorts.
Erik, who just turned twenty, goes to the beach every Sunday and says girls there outnumber the guys 3 to 1. He says it's paradise.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous!!! we have had a good foot of snow since 10 am and right now it is coming down in huge flakes straight down. As fast as DH is shoveling, it is covering again. I thought this was The Great WET North? We aren't used to this much white!

It's 3F right now and the wind is whipping like crazy. I just went out and gave my outside kitties a dish of warmed whole milk to fortify themselves against the even colder night. Not going to be pretty for any living thing outside tonight. Also checked to be sure their house/bed was secure against the wind that's blowing.

Currently it's 2 degrees outside. Wind gust are 40 m.p.h. So that being said the wind chill factor is now 22 below zero. The low for tonight will be 3 below zero. So wind chill will be probably 25 below zero.

First day of winter and it's still dumping snow here. Luckily there's no wind and it's about 27 degrees F. So it's tolerable. And unbelievably gorgeous.

I just had to be pulled out of the "ditch" along 520 ... and I drive a 4-wheel drive Jeep! :mad: But I could have had 18-wheel drive and nothing would have helped when I hit a huge patch of ice covered with snow. I just slowly swished across three lanes and into the ditch. They had just plowed and there was enough of a hill on either side of me that I couldn't get out of the little gully. A very sweet young man and his girlfriend stopped and helped me. I think I surprised him when I gave him a big hug after I was out. But he just laughed and wished me a Merry Christmas. :santa: Kind people do exist!!!

:heart:
Z

I used this in the "While you shiver" thread too... From the Detroit News this morning....

DETROIT -- What do Moscow, Russia, Stockholm, Sweden and Juneau, Alaska have in common?
They're all warmer than Detroit this morning.
Stockholm's 39 degrees seems tropical, Moscow's 14-degree temperature is balmy and Juneau's 7 degrees is preferable to Detroit's 4 degrees on this, the first full day of winter. An arctic blast from Canada is responsible for the unseasonably cold temperatures.

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom