What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Low here will be -20 to -25 F tonight.
Wind chill could be -50.

Go farther north it gets more fun.
ALix, do you seriously live like this all winter?????

DH drives overnights, here's to hoping he doesn't freeze while switching trailers.
:(

Right now it is 34 degrees F. The weather just can't make up its mind around here. It has been unseasonably warm, but now it is suddenly getting cold at night. It is supposed to get down to 28 degrees F tonight, 19 tomorrow, and 10 Friday night. After that, the low is supposed to be in the mid-20s through Wednesday. The high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be 45, and Friday's high is supposed to be 35. We have to keep our electric use down, so we haven't been using the heater much. I mainly turn it on when we take a bath or shower. Fortunately the weather has cooperated for the most part. We use plenty of blankets at night when it is cold--I kind of like the bedroom cool as long as I have warm blankets to snuggle under.

:)Barbara

I used to love this kinda weather when I was a kid, not so much anymore!:(

It is currently -1F right now, cold cold cold! I am inside right now and shivering still... course part of that is because the wife has been sick the last few days so I have had to do the shoveling. I have a snow blower, but since she didn't clear off the gangway last fall and left bags of soil and yard waste there I can't get the snow blower to the front. So, I can clear out behind the garage and up to the house, but not the side of the house or front. I have to use the shovel for that.:ermm:
I think I overdid it, cause I am in a lot of pain right now and can't get my heart rate down. I took some nitrates, but not helping much. And to think I used to laugh at the idea of getting a heart attack from shoveling snow! :huh:

I'm in the same boat as Suzi above ... absolute bitter cold and dangerous wind chills. They just called off every school from here to Michigan border, and of course my district was the last to call it. I actually think straight temps were 10* colder or so last night, but that wind is cruel!

I used to love this kinda weather when I was a kid, not so much anymore!:(

It is currently -1F right now, cold cold cold! I am inside right now and shivering still... course part of that is because the wife has been sick the last few days so I have had to do the shoveling. I have a snow blower, but since she didn't clear off the gangway last fall and left bags of soil and yard waste there I can't get the snow blower to the front. So, I can clear out behind the garage and up to the house, but not the side of the house or front. I have to use the shovel for that.:ermm:
I think I overdid it, cause I am in a lot of pain right now and can't get my heart rate down. I took some nitrates, but not helping much. And to think I used to laugh at the idea of getting a heart attack from shoveling snow! :huh:

Hey there, you take care of yourself ... if the worst thing that happens is the snow has to wait a week to thaw and melt, that's better than what you are describing above. Sending well wishes your way ... :cool:

I had to dig out the car out front, otherwise they give you a ticket in this town. Your choices are move the car until after the plow has been thru or dig it out yourself. If the plow has gone by a second time and your car has not been uncovered (I think there is a time limit as well of 24hrs), they will call parking enforcement on you. $50 ticket right there, ugg.
I had the kids help, but I finished around 10pm and still can't stop shaking...

Wierd here - was 37 at dawn and 89 by mid afternoon. The Santa Ana's just keep blowing. Will probably be warm through the weekend and then ???. Even tho we don't have what most folks would call winter, it at least gets cold enough to necessitate a jacket or sweater in the valleys and a coat on the shore. Wish that would start happening.

Wierd here - was 37 at dawn and 89 by mid afternoon. The Santa Ana's just keep blowing. Will probably be warm through the weekend and then ???. Even tho we don't have what most folks would call winter, it at least gets cold enough to necessitate a jacket or sweater in the valleys and a coat on the shore. Wish that would start happening.

WOW that is quite a shift from 37 to 89, is that normal down there? And just curious, but I heard a lot of folks down there have their water heaters outside in a shack attached to the house, is that true or a myth?

I don't think it's stopped snowing here for a week! It's supposed to continue through Saturday. The temp is 14 with windchill of 0. We have a lake effect storm warning through Friday night. It's supposed to go down to 8 degrees today. Fortunately it's not too windy. It's just bitter cold. We have about 18" of snow on the ground now and expected to get 10" more by Saturday.

Barb

Mav: Yup. This is a little weird. In winter it's usually in the 50's or low 60's. We have a Santa Ana situation - extreme high preassure stalled over the southwest. Mucho winds. Later we have a La Nina out in the Pacific which will do other odd things to the weather this year. (and eventually your's, too)
My water heater is enclosed but is accesed by an outside door (no insulation). My water softner is outside; this week I'm building a decorative, not functional, cover for it.
And that's life in SoCal.

Oh! Forcast is for 84 today. Beautiful, brilliant blue skys. Not a cloud in sight.

WOW that is quite a shift from 37 to 89, is that normal down there? And just curious, but I heard a lot of folks down there have their water heaters outside in a shack attached to the house, is that true or a myth?

I don't know what part of SoCal Dave lives but depending on the region, such as mountains, deserts, or inner valley communities, extreme temp swings are very common.
I live near downtown Los Angeles and am very close to the coast so although we were in the high 80's during the day, overnight temps only dipped down into the low 60's only. We don't get the extreme temp variations.

Many homes in LA have water heaters in simple, non-insulated sheet metal enclosures attached outside of homes. This is very common.
My water heater happens to be located in the basement.

The sun is shining and it's up to 10 degrees, from a low of 1 this morning. It's supposed to be colder yet tomorrow. It's good weather to snuggle in.

DH was just talking this morning about how glad he is to be retired...Cold weather like this is he$$ at the strip mines.

I don't know what part of SoCal Dave lives but depending on the region, such as mountains, deserts, or inner valley communities, extreme temp swings are very common.
I live near downtown Los Angeles and am very close to the coast so although we were in the high 80's during the day, overnight temps only dipped down into the low 60's only. We don't get the extreme temp variations.

Many homes in LA have water heaters in simple, non-insulated sheet metal enclosures attached outside of homes. This is very common.
My water heater happens to be located in the basement.

Ooh lets do lunch! ;)

And for the record, my water heater is in my kitchen; right up against my stove that doesn't work.

It's 44 and sunny but windy. It's supposed to get down into the teens here tonight and Saturday morning it's supposed to be the coldest it's been in 15 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom