What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fridged.. says -1F right now but supposed to be as low as -14F. Also supposed to start warming up by Saturday but snowing again.

Still -7 here with wind chills to -30. No school again, the girls were pleased. We're supposed to get some snow tonight -- up to 6 inches. I think the cold is MUCH easier to take with some fresh snow, not sure why.

Yea, they called off school here as well for Chicago cause of the cold. Our schools already had the day off which gave the kids a 4 day weekend. I am not sure why they did that, MLK day is Monday but they also got Friday off?
Maybe a teacher in service day, I should pay more attention LOL.

My middle schooler has been off since Tuesday (power outage), then yesterday and today with weather. Today was a teacher work day, so she gets yet another day off Monday so they can do report cards. I told her she's going to be making up days into July!

I've been up in the Boundary Waters ice fishing at -10 but that was a bright , sunny day and quite pleasant. I feel for you all back in the Midwest.

How cold is it?

img_774519_0_b1cb664f3f7afb8433c84fba699dfae3.jpg

So cold, I may have water problems tomorrow.

If you were going to have water problems it would have occurred this morning when we were around -11 to -14 F. If you are still concerned, let your cold water faucet furthest from the hot water tank have a steady drip overnight. Not fast, just a steady drip. Also, open the cabinet doors under each sink to allow the warm air from the room to enter the cabinet space. This helps a lot and will often prevent pipes from freezing just by doing this, especially if the sink is on an outside wall like in the kitchen, but it also helps in bathrooms.

3 below 0 actual temp. With the windchill it's 25 below.
Alix it's be great if you take your weather back cause
WE sure don't want it down here anymore !!! :eek:(

Well, I still don't have water coming through my kitchen sink and I believe the dishwasher failed last night, too. I have notified a friend about the problem. I hope nothing bursts.

That is how cold it is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom