What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is called "Michigan" but could apply to pretty much anywhere in the Midwest or East Coast right about now:

MICHIGAN WINTER POEM

It's winter here in Michigan, and the gentle breezes blow.

Seventy miles an hour, at twenty five below.

Oh, how I love Ole Michigan, when the snow's up to your butt.

You take a breath of winter, and your nose freezes shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful, so I guess I'll hang around.

I could never leave my Michigan, cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Warmer today than the last several day...about 35F, but the wind's blowing at about 20 mph. At least it's sunny, which is wonderful. Very, very dry though. The humidity is only about 28%. No wonder I have chapped lips and hands. They've been soaking up the moisturizer/lotion like sponges.

Freezing fog this morning developing into widely scattered fog with increasing fog tonight! So it goes in the PNW.

Another impossibly glorious day has ended. Tomorrow more of the same. They say it wil last till the middle of next week, then get cooler (I hope). I've got a ton of new long-sleeved shirts and sweaters and haven't had much of a chance to wear them.

I just know it's freezing!!!! It's probably about 20 degrees. The windchill is 7. We've got a blizzard going on here, I can't even see the house across the street. We're supposed to get a few more inches of snow but it's mostly blowing......high winds.

Barb

Katie: I lived with your kind of weather, propably worse, for 45 years so I know what you're going through and I can sympathize (NE Nebraska). What we're having right now in SoCal is most unusual, as Babetoo and Roadfix will testify to, but we're gonna enjoy it while we've got it. If I could ship it to you I certainly would! Hang in there. This, too, shall pass. (What dummy came up with that line?) LOL

ready for liftoff, Houston.........wonderful weather........supposed to be in the 70's for this next week.........dag gone it I'm having to go back to KZ where there's snow and ice and temps below freezing.........any sympathy at all???? :) I hate cold weather........

It's been snowing here since last night. We've probably gotten about 6 more inches. The roads are terribly slippery. They've only plowed our street once today and that was about 8 am. Ds just got to work and he said the roads were terrible. It's about 20 degrees with windchill of 8.
A good day to just stay in......

Barb

Practically balmy today. Quite a contrast to the last week. It's sunny with little or no wind. Slight breeze, if anything. Humidity is below 30% and the temp has soared all the way to 42F. I might have to drag out my shorts.:LOL:

The outside kitties are playing in the leaves and sunning themselves and enjoying a water bowl that isn't frozen solid. This is the most exercise they've had in a week.

Still snowing as of 4:47 pm. A kind neighbor plowed the driveway earlier, wonder if he will do it again after the snow stops. We don't even know who did the plowing, we never saw the truck come up the driveway. Perhaps it is the neighbor who we got Tuxie from.

It's 2:30 p.m. and the indoor-outdoor thermometer says it's 78.4 degrees in the shade in the backyard --
but it feels warmer as the sun is very intense this afternoon.

Slight breeze, blue skies, blue water, as seen from our balcony:

457131383_tgsmp-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom