What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Widely scattered YUCK (snow off and on all day)! A few days of sun and 50 degree weather have ruined my cold tolerance.

Under a Tornado Watch right now. Hit a high of around 70 today in central MO. Thats not good for this time of year. Set up good for a tornado. It's suppose to snow Friday.

Cold, overcast and stormy and 22C (around 80F) - I know this is not the usual weather report but there is nothing normal about this country's weather at the moment! For all of you under tornado watch, take care!!

When we had the worst of record lows and ice here in IL, my good friend in San Diego was sweltering in an un-air-conditioned classroom with temps in the 90s. Now we're a little warmer (a temporary condition, I'm sure, it is only February) and she's a little cooler. Weird weather all around.

Under a Tornado Watch right now. Hit a high of around 70 today in central MO. Thats not good for this time of year. Set up good for a tornado. It's suppose to snow Friday.

sounds like us!! lol
We've been in the 70's and a cold front came through. Luckily, we just got severe storms, high winds and power flashes. Lots of flash and wind damage, but, thankfully, no tornado's this time. A lot of warning with lots of rotation last night, but, not twisters as of this morning. That may change as the sun comes up and damage is checked.

I believe I am in the calm before the storm right now, National Weather Service is predicting wind gusts up to 65 mph:ohmy: and warning of potential power outages:(.

It was pretty warm for a couple of days...up to 72 Monday...but we've had high winds all day, with gusts up to 60 mph, and the temp has now dropped to 49.

Wish you all could have seen the really cool sight I saw today. We have a thickly wooded area behind our house (north side) that's opens onto an open field, bordered on the far side by more thick woods and a pond.
It's a perfect hunting area for our pair of red-tailed hawks.
Today, as I was fixing my hair, I just happened to look out my north-facing patio doors in time to see the biggest one coming in for a landing in the top of one of our ancient oak trees. I'm assuming you know that when a big bird like this comes in for a landing, he lift's his wings as sort of a parachute to help him land.
About that time, a huge wind gust hit his 5-6 foot wing span and actually blew him backwards, away from the tree.
What a sight, with those enormous wings spread open!
Anyway, he quickly recovered, and flew off in the direction of the wind. Smart bird.

An eagle is larger, they say. I can't imagine it.

Looks like the storms/tornados took 8 lifes so for in a little town in Oklahoma last night. Quite a few people injured also. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom