What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sunny, 52 & the low tonight is supposed to be 28. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny with a high of 53 & Thursday we're supposed to have a light wintry mix.

"significant" storm heading our way over Thurs night and Fri morning. We had about 2 inches last night so of course they closed the schools today. right now it's sunny and about 40. Balmy.

texasgirl said:
Our temp right now is 89, heat index of 94.
Sunny, but humid.
Tornado watches out in West Texas that stretches up through Oklahoma and into Kansas. Pretty much tornado alley. Hope they don't move this way, if they do, I'll get some more storm pics:)

Hi Texasgirl, Pewrhaps you don't know where I live, you may need a map of UK and French coast - find Brest peninsular and the Channel Islands are in the Bay of St Malo.
Weather today a little wet, temp about 10c a little sun at times. VERY windy for us over last wekend force 11 not quite a hurricane!
I am currently studying professional cookery - any tips?

StevieH:chef:

Nope stevie, I don't know anything about the UK. Will check it out when I get home. I'm sure it's beautiful.

Guernsey is a small island of 26sq miles with a population of about 60,000 or so. It is a really beautiful place to live - but a little expensive. Been here for 16 yrs, would not leave. If you can't find Guernsey on your map will mail you one.
Stevie

Negative something. The snow has turned into lovely aerodynamic ice bullets... I am making believe it is kinda like a form of acupuncture when they slam into my face!

shannon in KS said:
Negative something. The snow has turned into lovely aerodynamic ice bullets... I am making believe it is kinda like a form of acupuncture when they slam into my face!
I thought acupuncture was supposed to be good for all sorts of ailments-maybe not?
StevieH

StevieH said:
I thought acupuncture was supposed to be good for all sorts of ailments-maybe not?
StevieH

Sure is! Making light of the ice and thinking of it as therapeutic! I actually had acupuncture during labor, so I am a believer!

StevieH

shannon in KS said:
Sure is! Making light of the ice and thinking of it as therapeutic! I actually had acupuncture during labor, so I am a believer!

Had acupuncture to give up smoking - did not do it for me but has worked for others.Will try willpower instead. Going to play some LOUD guitar now for a while, some Rolling Stones I think - back later
Stevie

StevieH said:
Had acupuncture to give up smoking - did not do it for me but has worked for others.Will try willpower instead. Going to play some LOUD guitar now for a while, some Rolling Stones I think - back later
Stevie

Use the patches & stay clear of stressful situations.

Brooksy said:
Use the patches & stay clear of stressful situations.

Hi Brooksy,

Do not wish to be rude, but were you in ZZ-top?!!

If so come and play guitar with me, not yet though, tuner needs batteries, guitar sounds rubbish at present. New Duracells tomorrow think. Even so the Gibson looks good on the stand.

Stevie

StevieH said:
....... were you in ZZ-top?!!
Stevie

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I only wish.

I tried learning to play the box years ago & ended up smashing the dang thing in frustration.

My hands a like 'clubs' and about as dextrous, so I had real trouble fingering the chords. Spend my time flying these days, weather permitting. Too hot today upto 93F (34C) by the computer.

StevieH

Brooksy said:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I only wish.

I tried learning to play the box years ago & ended up smashing the dang thing in frustration.

My hands a like 'clubs' and about as dextrous, so I had real trouble fingering the chords. Spend my time flying these days, weather permitting. Too hot today upto 93F (34C) by the computer.

Yes Brooksy, I understand that, takes some time to connect the brain to the fingures. Love flying too, wish I could do it myself. Went parachute jumping a long long time ago, that was fun. Too hazardous now with wife, kids and mortgage!! Doing cooking instead, not the same but still fun though

Weather here, well it is dark, cold - 5c maybe a little sun later, max could be 10c. Find my hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Stevie

No worries.
Although I'd love to try parachuting, disability prevents it, but apart from that I really don't see the point in jumpimg out of a perfectly good aeroplane. :LOL:

Temp up to 94F now.

Brooksy said:
No worries.
Although I'd love to try parachuting, disability prevents it, but apart from that I really don't see the point in jumpimg out of a perfectly good aeroplane. :LOL:

Temp up to 94F now.

Yes I agree, but it is still nice. A question, do you get abalone in Oz, if so I would be interested in how you cook them, there is a reason, will explain later.

Thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom