What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we get abalone. When I was a teenager we'd dive for them.

We cooked them quickly after slicing them very, very thin in oil & white wine. Could also mince them and make small patties.

StevieH

shannon in KS said:
Sure is! Making light of the ice and thinking of it as therapeutic! I actually had acupuncture during labor, so I am a believer!

Hi Shannon,

Hope you are OK. Got any good fish recipes? Or anybody else got some - flat fish are plentiful here - we get Brill, Turbot, Plaice, etc

Many thanks

Steve

StevieH said:
Hi Shannon,

Hope you are OK. Got any good fish recipes? Or anybody else got some - flat fish are plentiful here - we get Brill, Turbot, Plaice, etc

Many thanks

Steve

You might try placing a request on the fish/seafood thread! A lot of folks subscribe to threads, and they will get a prompt in their email to reply! :)

StevieH

Brooksy said:
Yes we get abalone. When I was a teenager we'd dive for them.

We cooked them quickly after slicing them very, very thin in oil & white wine. Could also mince them and make small patties.

Thanks Brooksy,

We get a species of Abalone here, just about, called an Ormer - Haliotis Tuberculata. Not allowed to dive for them though, can only be gathered between Jan and April by shore gathering - up to your neck in water finding them by feel!!!! Good fun eh!

The way they are cooked here is to get them out of their shell, give them a good scrub, beat the devil out of them, fry in butter, and stew for hours with onion carrot etc. for about four hours. Tried them, not that keen. Seems to be a delicacy in times gone past though.

If you are interested, we have a traditional Guernsey dish called "Bean Jar", a variation on a French Cassoulet.

Let me know if you want to try - or anyone else????????????

Regards

Steve

it's 37 and dropping. The arctic weather is coming. Now they are calling for rain and sleet and then snow this evening with 1-3" of accumulations {sp} and 19 tonight, high tomorrow is 35 with the low at 18. Brrrr. :eek:)

fluffy white snow! LOVE IT! (as long as it does not turn to ice) Temperature is 9, sure the wind chill is negative. After it goes below 15, it all feels the same. The wind is not blowing though, that helps!

It's a balmy 13 right now. :rolleyes: I'm glad I spent the past couple days cutting wood, this winter has been brutal so far and it's not even winter yet!

DampCharcoal said:
I'll trade ya, Brooksy! Bring long underwear, if you have them. :LOL:

Hey DC :cool:

Had the same thoughts from Crewsk yesterday. Got to 38C at the computer (39 or 40 the day before).

Long underwear??:ohmy: Mate I have worn shoes for 5 years (Except for officialdom). :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to a cool night tonight though, maybe down to 18 or 20....

We should all migrate to Wasabi's place, raid here fridge & sit on the beach & drink beer.:ROFLMAO:

Speaking of which, I just cracked a coldie.....:LOL:

I was kinda hoping brooksy could just swing on over and pick us all up in his plane and take us back!!! I would pay big bucks for some warm temps and humidity right now... oh, wait that's called a vacation. :LOL:

Shannon
shannon in KS said:
I was kinda hoping brooksy could just swing on over and pick us all up in his plane and take us back!!! I would pay big bucks for some warm temps and humidity right now... oh, wait that's called a vacation. :LOL:
I just beat your post Shannon but similar thoughts. :LOL::LOL:

Not a good sight this sweaty old body.:ROFLMAO:

We got down to 12 degrees last night, and are supposed to have the same tomorrow night, plus snow. You know, Illinois can be hotter than Hades, with high humidity in the summer, and bitter cold in the winter. One winter we went 2 months without seeing the ground, and had temps of 18 below. :(

Good Grief!! I just found out where Kansas is. Must be cold there.... I always thought it was over new NC and such.

Ooops am I embarassed.:blush:

If I could fly the big pond I'd pick yers all up & bring yers all home...... But I only got 2 seats.....:ROFLMAO:

HA! Grass is always greener on the other side, eh? (I am sure mine is dead right now) Cheers, Brooksy, I just poured a glass of chardonnay to warm up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom