What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about 35ºf (2ºc) here and it's doing something out right now, though not sure just what.

The streets are wet but it's half-past Brrr out there right now so whatever hits the ground will freeze if it's not already.

We're expecting 1-2" of snow over night so we'll get Yankee's on Ice tomorrow :LOL:

One of the fun things about living in the south is seeing Yank's who like to make fun of our driving ability in the white stuff. "You get a dusting of snow and you close the schools! I'm used to driving in 16 foot drifts!" so we just don't bother to tell them that that 1/2 inch of snow is covering 2 inches of ICE! :LOL:

It's just SO much fun to watch the Yankee's try to drive (or WALK!) in southern winter weather :ROFLMAO: It reminds me of that song by Paul Simon "Slip sliding away..."

~ Raven ~

Looks like the nasty stuff is headed towards the bay between Crowdy Head and Seal Rocks. Dungog is getting slammed and Nelson Bay looks to get hit.

DampCharcoal said:
Looks like the nasty stuff is headed towards the bay between Crowdy Head and Seal Rocks. Dungog is getting slammed and Nelson Bay looks to get hit.

I keep my plane at Scone & that cell that hit Dungog is the one that hit Scone. DW is home now so I have to go up and see if all is ok.

See you later.

It's 79 and it is 11:50 pm. I walked out of work tonight in flip flops, shorts and a tee shirt.

Update: Highest off-field wind recorded at 96 knots. Our plane is ok, but there is some damage around. Just popped home for some tools and I'm off again.

This for the messages.

Will be a late night & we have the club party tomorrow night & repairs to be done there as well.

Have fun people:). My heart is still pounding at about 130. Oh Boy.

It's 20 and icy. I'm home, not sure if I will try to get out in it or not. I may try later though, we'll see :eek:)

23 degrees at the moment and we have 4 - 6 inches of snow on its way. Its suppose to hit here soon and last through the night. I've got a feeling we'll get more then they are saying. I hurried up and went to fill my tank up because I know they'll hike up the gas prices. At the big chain gas station it was $2.06 for super unleaded and $2.14 for regular unleaded. At the other stations it was $2.24 for super and $2.15 for regular unleaded. I decided the extra savings was worth pumping it myself.

Not FAIR? I was born and raised in Sioux City, Iowa, one of the coldest towns in America! We used to go to school when it was 23 below! And we were just hammered every winter with huge snow storms and drifts so high you couldn't open the door.
So when I discovered Florida on vacation in 1953 I made arrangements to get down there somehow and did get a new job in Tampa in 1955! Whew, was glad to get out of there. So you guys enjoy the winter....not me...I'm a sun lover!
But I do like snow skiing and used to go to Tahoe regularly when I lived in San Francisco.

Currently about 10 degrees. I think it still needs to warm up a bit before it supposed to snow this afternoon/tonight. Up to 8 inches of snow is what I'm hearing.

Fine by me. I have a fireplace, and a whole lot of wine to drink.

John

Holy crapskie, Brooksy! 96 kts is the same strength as an F1 tornado! Glad the plane is okay!

'Round these parts it's 25 with up to 6 inches of snow expected this afternoon and into tonight. I'm with John on this one. Plenty of adult beverages and a fireplace is how I will be spending much of the day as well!

brooksy, i hope you have more than just a tie-down.

we're supposed to get aroud 6 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow, and it's my union's holiday party, so it'll be fun to watch hundreds of drunk employees try to negotiate the snow. thankfully, a few buddies hire a limo for the night and offered me a ride if i need it, so my trip home should be safe.

lol, i'll probably end up towing the limo home with my 4wd truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom