What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
90 degrees today expected (I've converted to F for you already!) Last night it was still over 90 when i went to bed. Tuesday it got up to 105 here, I would swap for some of your cold weather just to get a good night's sleep!

We are expecting the snow that Bucky et al. are gonna get too. I burned a CD full of work to bring home in case I can't get in tomorrow, but I intend to try (4WD Jeep here).

Pete said:
Not FAIR? I was born and raised in Sioux City, Iowa, one of the coldest towns in America! We used to go to school when it was 23 below! And we were just hammered every winter with huge snow storms and drifts so high you couldn't open the door.
So when I discovered Florida on vacation in 1953 I made arrangements to get down there somehow and did get a new job in Tampa in 1955! Whew, was glad to get out of there. So you guys enjoy the winter....not me...I'm a sun lover!
But I do like snow skiing and used to go to Tahoe regularly when I lived in San Francisco.

Pete, you were so smart to move out of the snow zone!! You know that we are all envious of you, except that I couldn't deal with the hurricanes. Enjoy your sun and I will try to have kind thoughts:) as I shovel snow this winter.

It's about 3:45a.m. here now. I just got back in from plowing all my accounts. It's about 23 degrees and we just had 6" of beautiful white snow. God I love it!

I realize I shouldn't complain since we don't have the weather that many of you have, but we have had two days of the coldest dreariest rain I've ever seen. The temps haven't been that low - low50's, high 40's, but it seems so much colder. We've had some wind so it has been so totally uncomfortable, I've just wanted to stay inside and wear my warmest clothes. It certainly makes my arthritis act up also.

We seem to have gotten about 6 or 7 inches of snow overnight. I'm in shock, the weatherman was actually RIGHT!!

John

Schools closed if that tells you anything. Its in the teens. We were hit hard with snow last night and have between 7 and 8 inches out there. The winds were really wicked last night too. I planned on doing a little more Christmas shopping tonight but I think I'll stay huddled up in this warm apartment. I think I'll have hubby pick up a few things I need on his way home.......he'll just love me :LOL:

Snowy!

Here it's very wintery. We had about 7 inches of fine, powdery snow last night. Everything is white and clean and fresh. It's not too cold either. Maybe 25F? Not a lot of wind...which makes it really peaceful and beautiful out there.

SierraCook: These last two years of Hurricanes for us in Florida were quite unsual to say the least. Most Hurricanes pass near by the Keys but usually don't bother us.
The one that got us this year was Wilma with an 8 foot storm surge on the Gulf side which is a rare occurance.
The stress levels during Hurricane season is quite high but for me after being here for all of these years it doesn't bother me at all and I enjoy it all. The great cool breezes summers and the very fine winters. I know what I like and I love the Keys!
I had to turn on the airconditioners today it was so hot.
I was going to bake some bread but just could get myself to do it because of filling the house with all of the extra heat.

OK, after freezing our tails off on Monday at -30C (-22F) it has warmed up to 7C which is 44.6F. I think this is the weirdest winter I have seen. There was a snowman on my lawn yesterday when I came home from work at 11pm, and by 11am there was nothing left of it.

Alix said:
OK, after freezing our tails off on Monday at -30C (-22F) it has warmed up to 7C which is 44.6F. I think this is the weirdest winter I have seen. There was a snowman on my lawn yesterday when I came home from work at 11pm, and by 11am there was nothing left of it.
He's in the downstairs freezer. I was worried about him.

It's cool in the mornings and get's up in the 50's now. Suppose to get back down in the 30's Wednesday.

I don't think we got above 20 degrees last week. Our low was -14. Brrrrr. I sprained my thumb shovelling snow, and my husband's arthritis flared up. NOT FUN. but the party went on (I'm calling a guy to shovel the snow, my thumb is throbbing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom