What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so bad for those of you experiencing the extreme heat. We are not having summer this year :-( so it is hard to relate, but I do hope that things cool off for you soon.

it's so hot and disgusting here in nyc, even at 1am, that you can just feel the air and there's not even a slight breeze.

3:45 a.m. - 75 degrees, 79% humidity, calm wind, partly cloudy.

Expected to reach 100 degrees today (110 heat index).

The guy on the local news is baking Snickerdoodles on the dash of his car. The package said to preheat oven to 350. They're almost done...

It was 46 here today with the humidity of 83%.. which is 114 F.. yuckkkk! And the temp is not going down much tonight. Tomorrow, 43...or 109 F.

No breeze. Just hot and sticky. This is like, sweat while you're sitting in front of a fan weather.

I'm going to sleep with a giant freezie on my stomach tonight.

Last edited:
Saphelle--a trick of friend of mine from Greece used to do when it was like this was to put her pillows in the freezer in the morning so they were cold when she went to bed.

I concur--this has definitely been a three-shower day.

LOL - that would be a great idea on another forum CWS, however, I suspect most of us foodies have full freezers! At least I do !

Now, a freezer for the bed... ohhhh....

It's 75 degrees out, little breeze. I was able to get an ISOCool mattress pad and pillows when we got the new mattress. They help with the night sweats.

3:00 a.m. - 81 degrees, 64% humidity, wind calm, clear skies.

Expected high today of 100+.

I had the windows open while running up and downstairs doing laundry, but the a/c is on now. It says low 90s with 85% humidity, but with no breeze it's sweaty weather.

I'll be able to open it up again while I go shopping at 11 a.m. I've been keeping the electric bill down by only running the a/c for 20 minutes or so at a time.

Most days I won't have to turn it back on for a couple of hours, but some days lately. I've been hard pressed to wait even one hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom