What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are calling for record breaking heat here in the Ottawa Valley today. I just hope we don't get a storm like we did last sunday. Knocked power out for a whole day. Scary stuff, too. Blew a massive stage down at a music festival in Ottawa, while the band Cheap Trick was playing.

We hit 100 today with a heat index of 110 to 112 depending on the source of the data. It has been breezy so it is not as bad as it could be.

This whole heat dome thing reminds me of an episode of the Twilight Zone called The Midnight Sun.

Not quite as hot as it has been, but still a HI over 100. Unfortunately, the pool felt like a big warm bathtub. Not even remotely refreshing.

It is 34C with the humidex, it feels like 45. I'm sticky, grumpy, stinky (and I've taken 2 cool showers already today). I am really fighting the urge to turn on the portable room A/C...trying to hold out until TOU rates drop to the lowest rate for the day at 7:00 p.m. Dalton obviously didn't think about those of us who work from home, the retirees, moms home on mat leave with babies, etc., when he made peak rates 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Rates are 66% higher during those hours. I will have the A/C units running Friday 7 p.m. until Monday 7 a.m. to get some of the stickiness out of the house...the floors feel sticky (hardwood). Oh shoot, I have to stay in the City tomorrow night...but I'll come home Saturday morning early and start the A/C units. Or, maybe I'll beg off and not go to the "work sponsored" free dinner...probably not worth the drive if I'm going to be hot and sticky when I leave...I couldn't spend the day drinking cold beer--I have deadlines tomorrow. And, with this heat, I'm working slow--making silly mistakes--brain doesn't function at peak performance rate when I'm grumpy, sticky, and stinky. I'd welcome a storm to knock this humidty out (Isabelle's sleeping--that means there isn't a storm coming any time soon--she starts passing about 2 hours before a storm hits). I don't want another storm like we had Sunday--that was wicked. I didn't lose my power, just had brown outs and fluttering. I've already missed one day in this production cycle because of a power failure. I can't afford another one tomorrow since I'm leaving on Thursday for MN and need to have all the documents on the server for the reviewers before I leave. I must have Internet access and the battery on my work laptop only lasts about 5 hours.

Last edited:
Wow...you guys are roasting. Nasty. We're at a pleasant 24C here which is about 78F. Anyone want to come over for a nice cool dinner?

Rumblings...what is that falling from the sky?

OMG, it's wet! Can it be?

Rain!

Crap, and then it's gone.

The humidity finally subsided a little this morning. It was still a hot 90F today. Now it's 10 pm & it's 78F. Thunderstorms coming up west of us. It will be a hot & humid weekend here in SE S.D.

I wish I could say I was enjoying the same warm weather as you guys!! We're having our first sunny(ish) day in the last 4 weeks, still it's only about 19 degrees C / 66 degrees F.

We got rain, some last night and some this morning, Yay! Sun is out now, and in the 90's again, very humid. The pool is like bathwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom