What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a smallish, early morning earthquake in maryland last summer. it was centered in the columbia, md. area. it was nothing like the "rapture" caliber of the one today, though.

One was last July and about 10 years ago. There might have been more, these are the ones I know.

They must have been a lot milder then today's. I don't recall them at all. Now today's I will not forget, scared the he!! out of me.

One was last July and about 10 years ago. There might have been more, these are the ones I know.

We had an earthquake in Wyoming once, it made the 20 quart Hobart mixer bounce 6 inches off the table. Scared me. My boss was outside in the wind, on top of a ladder...he didn't notice a thing.

NW Arkansas, 6:00 a.m. - 73 degrees, 83% humidity, light rain with thunder, wind SE at 8 kts.

Morning thunderstorms, daily chance of rain 50%, near record high of 99 degrees, wind SE at 10-15 kts.

6:16 a.m. in New Orleans:

I've got my box fan in the window for now. It feels pretty decent in here so far. High today is expected to be 95°.

St. Augustine, Florida at 10:45am, Aug 24th, 2011

86°F, Mostly Sunny, Feels like: 97°. Low last night of 77°
Humidity 75%, Barometer 30 in.
Wind 8 mph ESE, Dewpoint 77°
Sunrise 6:58 AM, Sunset 7:57 PM
Visibility 10 miles, UV index 4 Moderate

Looks like the storm will bypass us about 200 miles away. We will probably have rough waters and a bit of blustery weather but no real problems.

Looks like the storm will bypass us about 200 miles away. We will probably have rough waters and a bit of blustery weather but no real problems.

I hope you're right, licia. What part of Florida are you in?

Mother nature has her own set of non-rules. If she wants to make that storm jog left, the weather forecasters will scramble with the excuses.

The historical charts show many storms that changed direction and crossed Florida after coming partially up the coast.

I'll watch that thing and see. I'm only a mile inland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom