What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
83F for a high today in SE South Dakota. The humidity was not so bad, which made it tolerable.

About 10 days ago there was a earthquake in Pierre, S.D. (In the middle of the state, about 4 hours west of here) It was a mild one, no fatalities. Very rare.

NW Arkansas, 5:00 a.m. - 73 degrees, 89% humidity, overcast skies, calm.

Expected day of sunshine, high of 91.

Right now it's 67 grey and raining and VERY windy. But last night,toward morning, I thought Irene had already arrived!! Thundering rain and wind, sounded like a freight train, and woke me up.

Nice now, but Irene is likely to dump a bunch of rain on us this weekend! Glad I'm not right along the coast

Yep, looks like Irene will either make landfall near you or pass very closely. I imagine it should start getting windy here some time today. Just got my roof fixed a week ago. Now comes the testing of it.

89° at 9 a.m. The box fan in the window is keeping me comfortable so far, but the high is supposed to get to 97° so I'll have to switch to a/c soon enough.

It appears we had a decent aftershock this morning, though I was asleep and missed it.

All overcast today with storms in the area. Going to be working on hurricane prep today and tomorrow.

9:15 and 68 degrees already...very smoky. The valley traps the smoke from the fires, with no wind it just sits. But, with no wind the fires don't travel.

Batten down the hatches all you folks on the east coast. Good luck!

I'm 300+ miles away from the storm and the breeze is picking up and it looks like the very outer bands will be raining on me within the next hour or so. I'm glad this one missed me and I wish everyone on the east coast the best. DON'T take it lightly, I saw what Andrew and Charlie did. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best

I'm 300+ miles away from the storm and the breeze is picking up and it looks like the very outer bands will be raining on me within the next hour or so. I'm glad this one missed me and I wish everyone on the east coast the best. DON'T take it lightly, I saw what Andrew and Charlie did. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best

good advice, niquejim, for everyone in irene's path. take care yourself.:)

I'm so glad that Irene missed you! If it goes like they say, it'll miss me also. I'm keeping my eyes on it though! :glare:

It is HOT! I think this is summer. I can't take the sun or too much heat due to medications and a skin infection I had a couple of years ago on my leg. So, to go out I have to cover up, slather any exposed skin with a heavy sunscreen and wear a hat...have I ever mentioned I HATE hats?

goodnight, irene is an old song probably only a few will remember. i'll see you in my dreams, it goes. i hope our irene doesn't bring us nightmares instead.... :)

This could be a bad one...please take caution if you're in an area prone to flooding or if there are trees near your house. STAY SAFE

Take care, all! What wild weather!

We have had no rain for a couple weeks, and don't expect any for another week. Irene has sucked us dry. Upper 80s today, with a nice cool off tonight.

NW Arkansas, 6:15 a.m. - 63 degrees, 85% humidity, clear skies, calm.

Expected sunny, high of 92.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom