What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 82° at 6:40 a.m. in New Orleans. The box fan in the middle of my apartment is keeping the temp nice so far, but I'll have to turn on the a/c soon. The summer heat hasn't left, but is showing some signs of relenting.

There is a huge gray cloud overhead right now. I can see the sharp edge. I'm hoping for the sound of thunder soon.

Last edited:
Woke up this sunday morning to a LOUD clap of thunder in SE South Dakota. The rain has stopped now & it's a nice cool 58F. Love that fresh smell outside after it rains.

Could you send some of that our way, Simon? Sunny, 73, and dry here in Iowa.

NW Arkansas, 4:30 a.m. - 73 degrees, 73% humidity, mostly cloudy, wind SE at 10 kts.

30% chance of thunderstorms, high of 90.

Temperature is 99°! There is also a marsh fire that's keeping smoke in the air. Very unhealthy to be outside.

Feels like rain in SE South Dakota. They say there's a chance. It was a nice 80F today. Low humidity. I am looking forward to the fall like weather. It won't be long now.

NW Arkansas, 5:00 a.m. - 70 degrees, 71% humidity, clear skies, wind from the SE at 9 kts.

30% chance of thunderstorms, hot, high of 92.

Overcast, cloudey with rain/drizzle on & off all day. It's been in the 60's all day in SE South Dakota.

It's a little over 93 degrees and the smoke has cleared for now. The marsh fire is contained by water on all sides and no homes are threatened, but whatever wildlife is there are in danger. It covers a huge area. Here's one picture of the smoke.

http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/2011/08/9945419-large.jpg

good that people and homes are safe. but terrible devastation. is this at one end of the dismal swamp, zhizara? lately it sometimes seems that the very force of nature is at war with us...

good that people and homes are safe. but terrible devastation. is this at one end of the dismal swamp, zhizara? lately it sometimes seems that the very force of nature is at war with us...
I agree. It makes a person wonder, what's coming next?

Glad to hear that everyone is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom