What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NW Arkansas, 4:30 a.m. - 77 degrees, 66% humidity, clear skies, wind SE at 10 kts.

30% chance of thunderstorms, hot, expected high of 98 degrees.

good that people and homes are safe. but terrible devastation. is this at one end of the dismal swamp, zhizara? lately it sometimes seems that the very force of nature is at war with us...

I don't think it's connected Vi. Around here (the toe of the boot), it's all scattered delta areas. The fire is located on the southeastern side of Lake Ponchartrain, and is about 15 miles northeast of where I live.

The firefighters cannot get their equipment in there, so are planning to just let it burn itself out. Some helicopters are dumping water with more copters joining in today.

When the "breeze" is right, I could smoke a fatty on the sidewalk!

NW Arkansas, 5:30 a.m. - 76 degrees, 76% humidity, clear skies with a SSE wind at 6 kts.

Today expected to be sunny, hot and a high near 98 F.

New Orleans, LA: 86° with a decent ESE breeze with a high expected of 92°.

Thunderstormy weather for the next 5 days.

Tonight is supposed to be windy.

So far, the smoke is being pushed away from me. Reports are that the water being helicoptered in are making a difference. The marsh fire covers over 1,000 acres!

Update:

Today is good, at least for me, the wind is blowing the smoke away, and it's been raining pretty steady for a couple of hours with more to come.

I just hope it helps with the fire, so many people here in my apartments are elderly and have enough trouble breathing without the added smoke.

I went outside yesterday morning, even though it was a little smoky. My plants needed to be watered and I have to use a spigot outside to get non-softened water.

I probably wasn't outside 3 minutes, but was definitely aware of the effect.

Today, I've got the living room window open, and with the box fan over by the doorway, I'm pulling in cool air from the hallway (there is a 2" space under the hallway doors).

The outside temp is down to 80°, so I'm pretty comfortable. If the rain and clouds hold up, I might just be able to leave it open all day.

The ESE wind is caused by a tropical depression trying to form to the Southeast of us in the Gulf of Mexico.

72f now at 9:30 pm. It was in the 90s again today. Allergies are still in full swing!

4:40 a.m. in New Orleans, is 78° with storms and flooding expected from the tropical depression, although it's calm right now.

NW Arkansas, 5:45 a.m. - 71 degrees, 78% humidity, fair skies, wind ESE at 5 kts.

Today sunshine, high around 95.

Waking up this morning, 7 am, to 70F with light rain. I heard it will be in the 80's again today.

It looks as if the worst part of the tropical storm is passing well below us. It's windy, but not very (ESE 7 mph) right now and it's a rainy day, but it's not very heavy.

The temperature is a lovely 77°.

Overcast & damp all day in SE South Dakota. 70's with rain drizzle off & on all day.

A refreshing (not) 97°, with heat index of 101 here along Old Man River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom