What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe what a warm, dry late fall/early winter it has been. I am NOT complaining! I'm sure someone will blast me for it,but over the past few years, when we've had record lows, record ice, record snow falls, I've gotten tired of hearing about global warming. My pharmacist asked me if I remembered the last time we had a "green Christmas". Yeah, I do, exactly. 10 year ago, when I first moved here. I was SO disappointed. I so wanted a White Christmas. Now, I don't know anyone here who misses having snow right now. It was 47 degrees this afternoon, and I'm mad at myself for not taking a walk.

Don't Avalanches go from the top of the mountain to the valleys? I always thought they did. I've never seen one except on TV.

I want to be on top of the mountain. Then I can look down on the avalanche as it is happening.

When I lived in Tacoma, there are times in winter when you are not allowed to cross the Cascades. And all through winter you HAVE to have chains on your vehicle or you are stopped right in Seattle before you even get on I90. :)

image-3986637699.jpg

It was very windy yesterday, but calm today. 45degrees right now. Our snow is almost all melted away.

View attachment 12705

It was very windy yesterday, but calm today. 45degrees right now. Our snow is almost all melted away.
Gotta tell ya chopper, when I first looked at that photo, I saw a prarie going to the ocean with two lines of breakers coming in.

It took a couple more hard looks to see it as it actually is.

Isn't it weird how our minds see what they want to see?

Of course, I live only a mile from the Atlantic Ocean, so I see it all the time. Maybe that's why my mind saw ocean when there was none to see!

In your case, it would have to be an inland ocean anyway, huh?

Timothy said:
Gotta tell ya chopper, when I first looked at that photo, I saw a prarie going to the ocean with two lines of breakers coming in.

It took a couple more hard looks to see it as it actually is.

Isn't it weird how our minds see what they want to see?

Of course, I live only a mile from the Atlantic Ocean, so I see it all the time. Maybe that's why my mind saw ocean when there was none to see!

In your case, it would have to be an inland ocean anyway, huh?

Yes! The sky was looking like the ocean to me this morning. The mountains are actually beautiful today with the snow from last week. The ocean is beautiful, but our BLUE sky is to die for. I have never seen such blue sky as we get here.

Freezing rain. It is supposed to continue through the night. Maybe it's Mother Nature's way of keeping folks home New Year's Eve?

Not here. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow into the 40's. I guess the ice sculptures will be melting early this year. :chef:

Raining all day, windy, increasing the Avalanche Danger. Yes, Avalanches go down...I was being sarcastic...the rain has turned into snow and it's starting to stick. /sarcasm/ So glad I forgot to gas up tonight and stop at the store, love going out on the ice rink in the car in the morning\sarcasm\.

Raining all day, windy, increasing the Avalanche Danger. Yes, Avalanches go down...I was being sarcastic...the rain has turned into snow and it's starting to stick. /sarcasm/ So glad I forgot to gas up tonight and stop at the store, love going out on the ice rink in the car in the morning\sarcasm\.
Brings back memories of driving out on the lake and doing 360s...I am also kicking myself in the butt for not getting the few things I need on Thursday when I was out...First I have to chisel the van out of the ice...then I have to skate it down the driveway...I've procrastinated all morning...I don't do it soon, the stores will close...

Thank you Fiona. Sometimes, when online, it's difficult to tell when someone is saying something facetiously. I know nothing about Avalanches, and thought perhaps they didn't' reach the valleys below them, but stayed on the sides of the mountains. In Florida, Flood Studies are used as a statistical analysis to determine the risk of a flood on a specific property. Perhaps they do the same for Avalanches in terms of insurance coverage. If you live in an Avalanche prone area, I'll bet this is the case.

It's 10 a.m. and it's WHITE outside. Earlier there was a blanket of fog laying on the ground. It looked (and was) like clouds just laying there.

It's just warm enough for shorts and short sleeves and windows wide open.

I wonder if the fog would set off the smoke alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom