What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
52 degrees here in MN and the plants are confused. I walked out on the deck today and saw there were a number of newly budded green leaves on our honeysuckle vine.

It's very dry, though. I may just pull out the hose a little later and give everything a good watering, though that may just encourage more growth.

yesterday's snow has disappeared and the grass outside my window is a vivid, dewy, emerald green again. it is a sunny day, 50F degrees, with rain in the forecast....

50 right now along the Mighty River, and we are going for a walk! This is nuts. A friend in TX reported 20 inches of snow so far.

Last edited:
A high of 52F today in SE S.D. Strong winds coming our way tonight into tomorrow, not sure what that will blow in.

It was beautiful and 60 degrees today. It was the calm before the storm. We are expecting snow tomorrow.

It was beautiful and 60 degrees today. It was the calm before the storm. We are expecting snow tomorrow.
How much snow do you have already? They have been predicting snow all winter here in SE S.D. but we still have not seen any.

At this altitude our snow melts between storms. There is a little here and there but none left right here at my house. There is quite a bit at higher altitudes, but not here at 7000 feet above sea level.

A beautiful sunny 53° here along the river. But all good things must come to an end. :( Mucho snow predicted late tonight through tomorrow.

Last edited:
The wind is bleeping cold. I haven't lit the woodstove since Monday night...gonna have to fire it up tonight (here at the farm, the main source of heat is the woodstove. When it is cranked, I run around in shorts and a t-shirt--it gets so hot, so I don't like to crank it unless I have to put on "long pants.") And, yeah, it could be my age....or the fact that I had "elderly" Saints and Newfs for years and got used to keeping the house "cool" (okay, cold) so that they were comfortable.

My dad doesn't want to meet me in TX in February because it will be "cold." My response--isn't it colder in N. MN in February than it is in Corpus Christie...I haven't checked, but I'm guessing it is. And, I might have to have the a/c on in the room the whole time I'm there.

We are having a real cold snap in SE S.D. A high of only 16F today & a low of 7F. The wind is extremely cold today. We have had a dusting of snow but nothing real measurable, much worse north of us.

simonbaker said:
We are having a real cold snap in SE S.D. A high of only 16F today & a low of 7F. The wind is extremely cold today. We have had a dusting of snow but nothing real measurable, much worse north of us.

How's the hubby doing, Simonbaker?

Thanks for sending us your weather (not)!

7 degrees here right now, and dark. Snow off and on all day today, but not much accumulation. The windchill was in single digits during the day, and is well below zero now.

We are getting the bitter cold now, but still the snow is elusive. 16°F...maybe a high of 30° today.

Icy rain today. Not driving in to the City to curl...sigh, I like curling (and I was going to do an egg drop on my bro and others....I have 7 dozen extra eggs....oops, gotta eat more eggs...).

The temp is in the mid 40's. But you would never know it by the ice cold rain. This is the kind of chill that gets into your bones.

Had to go to Winthrop this morning. Winthrop is a peninsula that juts out into the Atlantic. We were riding along the beach front and the waves were crashing over the wall. Scary. The vehicle got hit by a wave and caused us to rock. And it wasn't even high tide yet. I live just a block from the Atlantic and you would never know it was the same ocean. Where it comes in at this end is a cove. Nice and calm. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom