What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started out at 1°, and progressed to 22°. Supposed to be really cold tomorrow here along the Mighty Mississippi.

It's -14C (7F), feels like -22C (-8F) and clear. It went up to 4C (39F) in the middle of the night. The snow was starting to melt. Then it got covered in freezing rain and the temp plummeted. It was very slippery on the roads this afternoon.

It's Canada. It's not the national guard. It's the RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Really...

She's the one saying to call the National Guard...which from here is who I would call...besides, the only directions I have are Southeast Ontario, farm house and a Big Chicken...:rolleyes: Look for a canoe with chickens in it.

Our usual bad winter weather has finally caught up with us. I think the high today was something like 4 degrees, and a blizzard is supposedly on its way. Hubby and I went and completed our kitchen/pantry, which wasn't empty to begin with. So .... we're ready if it does hit tonight. Oh, yes, went and bought two rolls of forever stamps since the price is going up in a few days. Got a couple of condolence cards for friends whose mom (also a friend) died last week. So now I can curl up and hibernate for a few days. Rosebud has been good with the snow.

She's the one saying to call the National Guard...which from here is who I would call...besides, the only directions I have are Southeast Ontario, farm house and a Big Chicken...:rolleyes: Look for a canoe with chickens in it.

She's a Yankee and I guess she forgot or got confused. I know what town she's near.

29 F and sleet on top of snow. I had fun cleaning my car off this morning.

I hear ya. One of the best things about living in a condo is the underground garage. I know, you can have a garage with a house, but lots of folks fill them up with junk. Even if we had a tendency to do such a thing, it's a communal garage and storage of anything in the garage, other than ones car, is not only against the rules, it's against our city's by-laws.

A balmy 7°, and mucho snow expected tomorrow. Hoping my Friday out-of-town meeting gets cancelled....

Woke up to 4 below zero, when bringing kids to school. High of only 6F today & low of zero. It's 3F now, everyone is moving pretty quickly outside today.

I hear ya. One of the best things about living in a condo is the underground garage. I know, you can have a garage with a house, but lots of folks fill them up with junk. Even if we had a tendency to do such a thing, it's a communal garage and storage of anything in the garage, other than ones car, is not only against the rules, it's against our city's by-laws.
LOL... we have a garage, but it stores my BF's motorcycle and odds -n- ends.

Myrtle in the bow with the Big Chicken at the helm, being pulled by a team of Saint Bernards!

This could be a new Christmas special! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Once upon a time in the great white north.............

Last edited:
Our usual bad winter weather has finally caught up with us. I think the high today was something like 4 degrees, and a blizzard is supposedly on its way. Hubby and I went and completed our kitchen/pantry, which wasn't empty to begin with. So .... we're ready if it does hit tonight. Oh, yes, went and bought two rolls of forever stamps since the price is going up in a few days. Got a couple of condolence cards for friends whose mom (also a friend) died last week. So now I can curl up and hibernate for a few days. Rosebud has been good with the snow.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your friends.

I talked to Mom today, and they are in a blizzard (NY state). She is going on vacation to Florida on Saturday and can't wait.

Yeah, I know I am really blessed. Both my parents (77 and 81) are still alive and in good enough health that they rarely need help, and still married to each other. When a friend loses theirs, I know that soon it will be me. I'm 56 (57 in a few weeks) and to have your parents still alive and still married to each other, and still very much in love is a gift indeed, and I'm grateful for it every day.

My friend who died has been on borrowed time for many years, in her late 80s with brain surgery, diabetes, and heart attacks behind her. I'm mostly, at this point, hoping my best high school friend doesn't have to deal with sibling stuff. I know my own Mom has made good wills and her wishes known and paid for, but not many people have that foresight.

So... now it's the blizzard. Will it actually happen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom