What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful calm before the storm today. Snow in the forecast for tomorrow and Friday.

Oh no...it was a beautiful 360 in the middle of the intersection...deserted intersection! Good thing I went to the bathroom before I left the house!:ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you are okay, just a bit of an adrenalin rush. That's why I don't like to see the temps go above freezing in winter.

I'm reminded of a comedian who said his mother always told him to wear clean underwear, in case he was in an accident. He said that if he saw an Mack truck barrelling down on him, his underwear wasn't going to be clean. :LOL:

I'm glad you are okay, just a bit of an adrenalin rush. That's why I don't like to see the temps go above freezing in winter.

I'm reminded of a comedian who said his mother always told him to wear clean underwear, in case he was in an accident. He said that if he saw an Mack truck barrelling down on him, his underwear wasn't going to be clean. :LOL:

Still dark and an unlit intersection, perfect place for black Ice. :ohmy:

Yes, gave me the shakes!

Thanks Z! I'll go put the baby tires on the car this morning. I really don't want to do that again!

33°F Supposed to snow today, overcast...the rodent will not be showing any shadows today!

Last edited:
Mid 30's, gray, rainy.

That woodchuck won't need his sunglasses today!

Well, isn't that just perfect car-shopping weather. What a mean trick for your car -- to give up now. Just a couple more months would have made a burdensome job a little less awful. Good luck on both counts.

Well, isn't that just perfect car-shopping weather. What a mean trick for your car -- to give up now. Just a couple more months would have made a burdensome job a little less awful. Good luck on both counts.

It is time!

Every spring I say "might as well coast along until fall"

Every fall I say " might as well chug along until spring"

:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

43° and cloudy, now dark, here along the river. Very pleasant. Lotsa fog again this morn.

Thanks Z! I'll go put the baby tires on the car this morning. I really don't want to do that again!

33°F Supposed to snow today, overcast...the rodent will not be showing any shadows today!

Baby tires? Is that the same thing as winter tires? You didn't have winter tires? In my and your climate there is no such thing as all season tires. There are winter tires and 3 season tires. :LOL:

Baby tires? Is that the same thing as winter tires? You didn't have winter tires? In my and your climate there is no such thing as all season tires. There are winter tires and 3 season tires. :LOL:

I thought I was the only person left in North America that used snow tires. I swear by the studded ones. They sound like fingernails clicking when we don't have any snow. I should give them up because when it is bad I don't really go anywhere but, I'm ready!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was thinking more like training wheels and bumper pads...

Of course I have winter tires on...I grew up in the cold snow. No dummy here...just not paying attention.:wacko:

I thought I was the only person left in North America that used snow tires. I swear by the studded ones. They sound like fingernails clicking when we don't have any snow. I should give them up because when it is bad I don't really go anywhere but, I'm ready!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I store 4-40 pound boxes of cat litter in the back of the car in the winter. Since it's something that gets used, I just stock up in the fall when it's on sale. And it's great for getting yourself unstuck...

Last person in North America? In Quebec snow tires are required by law from 15 December until 15 March. It's a fairly recent law.

Studies have shown that actual winter tires are more flexible in the cold and therefor provide better stopping at temperatures of 7C (44.6F) and colder.

I was thinking more like training wheels and bumper pads...

Of course I have winter tires on...I grew up in the cold snow. No dummy here...just not paying attention.:wacko:

Glad to hear that. I've heard a lot of people tell me that they are fine with "all season" tires, Ha! I'm glad that Quebec law makes them use winter tires now.

It was in the low 70s F here today. The low last night was 58. If this is the kind of winter weather we have to look forward to for an extra six weeks, I'm all for it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom