What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its very cold here -5c last night, relatives in Split had temps of -9c and snow this week for the first time since 1971, Krusevac Serbia was a freaky -22c.

Blizzard here. 24 degrees windy, snowing...and no work today. I work for a school district that has a snow day!

How does that work when folks come from the U.S. in winter?

Do they get fined?

Visitors are exempt for some amount of time. You can even get permission to switch back to 3 season tires if you live here and are heading south, but they do put time limits. It's not just visitors from the US, the other provinces don't have that law. We are seeing fewer accidents in winter.

To me, one of the best parts of the new law is now the car rental places have to put winter tires. I have rented cars here in winter in the past and asked for snow tires, but couldn't get them. I hate driving on snow and ice without winter tires.

21°F, calm and dark! It had been sunny all day, so lots of melting again! Tomorrow is the annual "Grizzly Dip" Volunteers get tossed into ice water for a Special Olympics fundraiser. I'm going to go watch the nut cases.

21°F, calm and dark! It had been sunny all day, so lots of melting again! Tomorrow is the annual "Grizzly Dip" Volunteers get tossed into ice water for a Special Olympics fundraiser. I'm going to go watch the nut cases.

mid 30's, depressing and damp!

This is the first year that I can think of when the various polar bear plunge groups have not had to chop the ice out of the lakes in central New York to take the plunge. The lake nearest to me only started to freeze this year and we had a wind storm that picked up huge sheets and tossed them just like plate glass windows. When they shattered in the sunlight it looked like the sky was full of diamonds. The pictures were amazing. Those bears are crazy but, at least they are clean! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Blizzard here. 24 degrees windy, snowing...and no work today. I work for a school district that has a snow day!

I saw that on our news. We are still waiting for our cold weather. Always the high 30's and 40's. Your storm is supposed to be heading our way. :)

No sunshine here today. It's overcast & 26F. All the rain & snow is staying south of us in SE S.D.

36° and overcast here along the Mississip. We had a brief snow, huge fluffy flakes, but it's gone now.

STILL no snow.

I wanted snow. I still want snow! This winter has been so mild and, on Groundhog Day, I hear that we will have six more weeks of winter. I'd like a mere six days of winter. I'm not greedy.

Tomorrow night, we are promised a spitting of snow. Then back to warm sunshine.

432351_313159095403769_244753448911001_902927_346777437_n.jpg

Cute groundhog!

It kinda misted all afternoon. Hovering around the freezing mark right now, may make for some interesting driving tomorrow.

It's raining! Orange Julius made a beeline for outside when I opened the screen. Then he realized he was getting wet and now he's begging to come back inside. I'll just let him sit in the screen room for a while and mull over his stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom