"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #3741
Master Chef

^^^ I know that corner. We sometimes ride on the beach bike path down to PV and back.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #3742
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Deathbysoup
It's been snowing all day and although it is now dark , I see in the streetlights that it is STILL snowing.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #3743
Sous Chef

Beautiful day - went to Oceanside to have breakfasr out on the pier (Ruby's). Great surf 5 - 7 feet. Couple of topsail schooners out. Fun to watch. Had to stop in Carlsbad so DW could visit the Coach outlet. (ouch!) Nice and warm and supposed to be the same tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #3744
Chef Extraordinaire

ditto what dave said. i love california. even when it is cooler we are not frozen from snow, unless you want to drive to the mountains and play in it.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #3745
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
It was warm (60 degrees) today! The sun was out and it felt so nice!!! SMILES!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #3746
Traveling Welcome Wagon

It is 45 degrees F right now. We will be under a Winter Storm Warning tonight through tomorrow afternoon. I don't know how affected we will be, since our county is the farthest east of all the counties involved, but it said that we should start getting rain, then a mixture starting at about 9:00 tonight, and at midnight it is supposed to turn into just snow. We are supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow. I would really love to get a little snow!

Barbara
Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #3747
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
It was warm (60 degrees) today! The sun was out and it felt so nice!!! SMILES!!!!!!!
We hit close to 70, odd but wonderful
kades
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #3748
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
It is 45 degrees F right now. We will be under a Winter Storm Warning tonight through tomorrow afternoon. I don't know how affected we will be, since our county is the farthest east of all the counties involved, but it said that we should start getting rain, then a mixture starting at about 9:00 tonight, and at midnight it is supposed to turn into just snow. We are supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow. I would really love to get a little snow!

Barbara
A little Snow? I'd be running for the pellet stove
kades
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #3749
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Our snow didn't last too long on the ground. It was covered this morning, but by afternoon it was patchy. The only snow left now is directly to the east of any structure, so we still have a little right in front of our house. Cubbie is fascinated by it, but not so eager to stay out in it as he was a year ago! It is 17 degrees right now. Fortunately Cubbie doesn't have the "wandering bug" and I am able to let him out by himself at night (I don't during the day because he is more likely to try to go visiting then). That way I can stay inside the warm (well, not freezing) house while he takes care of business. Funny story about that--I started giving him a treat when he comes in, to make sure that he does come in. He started asking to go out, then would immediately bark to come in, thinking he was going to get a treat! Now I give them sometimes and other times I just pet him. He prefers love and a treat, but he's happy with just the love too!

To stay warm, I have a big pot of chili cooking on the stove (yep, eating late, but we did everything late today!).

Barbara
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #3750
Sous Chef

Overcast here today and starting to cool off a bit. Rain (most folks call it mist or drizzle) in the forecast for later in the week.