What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is going to be 17 today...this is the last month of Winter and you can feel signs of Spring already :)

It rained this afternoon. I am so utterly confused and I have no idea what to do about it. One minute I was sitting outside in the sun palying with Orange Julius, next thing I know I hear thunder and I look outside and the rain is coming down and steam is just pouring off the streets and sidewalks.
12675101-ilustracion-de-un-emoticono-amarillo-confuso-aislado-en-un-fondo-blanco.jpg

Holy cow, major thunder and lightening storm just started, kinda freakin' me out - just lost satellite and the lights are flickering, better go get the candles and shut down the 'puter for the night. :huh: :ohmy:

Hope all is well there Cheryl

We had a couple of blackouts last night, we had to get the candles out, it was an electrical fault in our suburb though

Keep safe!

The sky has darkened. There are rumblings. Could it be? We might get rain? We REALLY need rain!

Thanks Kylie, it rained hard for 20 minutes. The temp cooled from 97° down to the 70's, and now it's rising into the 80's.

Stay warm!

It has just started raining here..not really heavy, but a decent amount I guess

Thanks DL, I am all rugged up and have a nice hot coffee :)

Glad you got some rain, dawgluver....'bout time, huh? :)

We had a really unexpected thunderstorm last night, lots of rain -sideways rain, rain bouncing up from the ground (sounds like the Forrest Gump movie, haha) - but it was pretty scary. Really windy, lost power all night and the folks in the neighboring town got hit pretty hard.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 136
Thanks, Kylie. :) Can't complain about the rain, that's for sure - the whole country needs it. Just kinda hit us unprepared for the outages and severity of the winds and all. Hope your weather has been nice now that you're heading out of winter in your neck of the woods! :)

Cheers Cheryl :)

Yes the weather is brightening up somewhat, although today it was raining a lot...we were out walking and got caught in the rain :LOL:

I'm starting to get a little nervous about Ernesto. It's still headed west, but it's also moving back over water so that could change.

We had about an hour of heavy rain with horrendous thunder early this afternoon.

It sprinkled a bit this morning, and the temps were nice enough we were able to open the windows. We got back from our walk in time tonight, it's doing the thunderstorm thing, and raining!

We are so dry here along the river.

image-2317371826.jpg

Last edited:
Cheryl J said:
Glad you got some rain, dawgluver....'bout time, huh? :)

We had a really unexpected thunderstorm last night, lots of rain -sideways rain, rain bouncing up from the ground (sounds like the Forrest Gump movie, haha) - but it was pretty scary. Really windy, lost power all night and the folks in the neighboring town got hit pretty hard.

Eeks, Cheryl, just saw this! Hope you're OK!

Thanks, dawgluver...the worst is over with and things are back to normal. These desert thunderstorms come on so quickly, and since the ground is so hard from so little rain, we often get floods when they hit.

Your pic of the thunderheads coming in looks ominous, but beautiful. Great shot. :) What river are you nearby? Just curious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom