What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a reversible winter coat. One side is for rainy weather. The other side looks like snow leopard fur. If I put the hood on, it comes down over my head and down to my chin. And when I wear the fur side, I look like Nanook of the North. With the mukluks I wouldn't be seen at all. But that coat is so warm. And yes, it is faux fur. I have been on the lookout for some fur mittens to match. I can throw it in the washer on gentle and air dry it in the dryer. It comes out back to its off white and soft and the spots really show up. You don't realize how dirty it is until you wash it. I swear the price tag was wrong. It cost only $60. And it fit me right off. At my height, finding a coat is almost impossible. :)

My new jacket is reversible and it Purple! Fuzzy on one side, smooth on the other. No hood. I have too many cute hats.

Nice sunny day that I got to spend inside. We got up to 82°, just got back from our walk and now it's 63° and getting dark.

I have noticed that our night time temps have become down in the 60's. It is too early for that to be happening. An early Fall? No Indian Summer this year? We still have the rest of August and half of September to get through before the temps start to drop. Then Indian Summer happens sometime in October.

I'm singing in the rain!
I'm singing in the rain!

We need it--we had to drop the foot valve in the well for the house at the farm on Sunday (have another well for the barn). The water level was below the foot valve. We've got about 4-5 more feet before the well is dry.

It cools down at night. It's nice to sleep with a slight cool breeze blowing through the window. Days are staying in the 80"s

Windows open. I had the "layered look" this morn, it was 49°. Tshirt, sweatshirt, long sleeve corduroy shirt, plush jacket, knit shorts under plush pajama pants. And socks. Froze my buns off getting ready for work, stripping down. Then it got to 84° here along the river. Temp's dropping again, 60° now. And dark.

Last edited:
We recieved a light rain shower around 3:30 a.m. There is a nice cool breeze now at 7 am. in SE S.D.

We had a little rain today. The evenings are cooler now even though we are still getting up to high 80s during the day. At least I can have the windows closed at night now without roasting. That way I don't sneeze all night!

It has been ever so cold, windy like gale winds, raining and hailing...what a day...and it only reached 12c brrrrrrrr....Winter is going out with a bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom