What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our temps are in the low 7-'s. I had to make a run to the store earlier. As I turned the corner the breeze was blowing in from the ociean. I could smell the salt air. :angel:

Isaac was a little more vicious than I expected. Starting Tuesday, the power went out at 6pm and wasn't restored until Saturday night at 9 pm. 99 hours without power! It was miserable. Hot, muggy waiting for the refrigerator food to go bad. We did have water, and cold showers helped.

Then... once the power was restored, I found out that the cable was out, no Internet and no TV.

The TV is still not receiving a signal, but I was so grateful to find the internet is now working.

Isaac was a little more vicious than I expected. Starting Tuesday, the power went out at 6pm and wasn't restored until Saturday night at 9 pm. 99 hours without power! It was miserable. Hot, muggy waiting for the refrigerator food to go bad. We did have water, and cold showers helped.

Then... once the power was restored, I found out that the cable was out, no Internet and no TV.

The TV is still not receiving a signal, but I was so grateful to find the internet is now working.

All of us were worried about you. So glad to see you back here safe and sound. Did you have any water damage? :angel:

Thanks, Addie. Miss you guys too.

The carpet in the bedroom is now water marked and not quite dried out, but no biggie.

That's it as far as I know.

So glad you're OK, Zhizara!

90+ here along the river. Hedonistically floating around the pool on my floaty thing with my Kindle in its waterproof case, minimal rugrats. Last day of summer, :(

Last edited:
How luxurious, Dawg. Enjoy! Do you have someone to cook for you later? Maybe some eye candy pool boy?

It looked like rain here in the desert this evening, I was sitting on the patio watching the clouds. Instead of rain, everything changed and turned into this. :ohmy::)

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 188
Finally! We had quite the rain! I couldn't see the barn from the house. And it lasted for over 30 minutes--it is still raining lightly 2 hours later. We have SOOOOO needed a good soaking. It is supposed to rain off and on all week--hopefully it will help the ground water table. It is too late for the gardens and crops--our killing frost re: tender plants is only about 3 weeks away.

It looked like rain here in the desert this evening, I was sitting on the patio watching the clouds. Instead of rain, everything changed and turned into this. :ohmy::)
Wow, beautiful photo.
Finally! We had quite the rain! I couldn't see the barn from the house. And it lasted for over 30 minutes--it is still raining lightly 2 hours later. We have SOOOOO needed a good soaking. It is supposed to rain off and on all week--hopefully it will help the ground water table. It is too late for the gardens and crops--our killing frost re: tender plants is only about 3 weeks away.
It's overcast here and there is rain in the forecast. I guess we will be getting your rain. I hope it's a good drenching. It's so dry here that the weeds are dying and the creeping charlies are all wilted.

Cheryl J said:

Gorgeous pic, Cheryl!

Hotter than blazes here, and muggy.

Last edited:
After 2 totally fabulous, warm, sunny days in the mid 20's, today is 17, very dark and raining heaps...what a contrast...Winter is trying to come back LOL

The temps have been in the 60's all day with rain. More rain for tomorrow. It is the tail end of Isaac. Gee, thank folks. There is another storm in the tropics right now and it is supposed to kiss the outer Cape and head for the Maritime Provinces. that will keep the fishing fleet in shore. :angel:

High of 96F today in a hot & muggy SE S.D. There are thunderstorm warnings about an hour west of us. It is really cooling down nicely this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom