What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bright and sunny 48° here along the Mississip.

Hoping for the best for those getting the nasty weather!

Last edited:
Beautiful fall day in Colorado. We still have traces of snow in the shady areas up by the house, but otherwise you wouldn't know we even had snow (melts fast when the sun comes out at this altitude). It's 55 degrees now scattered clouds and sunny. Not even much wind (unusual at my place).

I am concerned for the east coasters both here on DC and my family members. Praying for the storm to change and come at us weaker than expected.

Stay safe, Dave, & folks on the east coast.

Had a 3.9 earthquake this morning. Small quake, but always rattles the nerves. Another hot day - about 88 degrees.

Thanks. Wow, is that related to the one earlier this morning?

Currently 44F in SE S.D. It's supposed to get down to 30F tonight. No rain or snow in sight at this point.

They have changed from a winter storm warning to a blizzard and I will be right in the middle of it :huh: I have to work tomorrow and hope to get home before it starts! Stay safe everyone!

They have changed from a winter storm warning to a blizzard and I will be right in the middle of it :huh: I have to work tomorrow and hope to get home before it starts! Stay safe everyone!

Pack some groceries in the car! Full tank of gas and a shovel! Blankets and extra coats, hats, scarves, gloves. A bag of cat litter in the back is good, too. Be safe and warm.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Pack some groceries in the car! Full tank of gas and a shovel! Blankets and extra coats, hats, scarves, gloves. A bag of cat litter in the back is good, too. Be safe and warm.

+1

Take care, Merlot. Hope all goes well for you.

So far, we've just had rain and wind all day. Tomorrow"s supposed to be worse, but DH's school is closed and I'm off till Tuesday. We're good for now.

To all of you who have to go out in bad weather. Please drive safely. I love all of you and would be devastated to hear that anyone of you were hurt.

I live next to a major highway and everyday there are nuts who think it is their own private road and try to force others off it. We have been having light rain so far. And twice tonight I have heard the sirens running. I can tell the difference between the ambulance and police. One of the accidents must have been a beaut. I heard two amb., one police and fire engines. When you hear two amb. and the fire engine you know someone was hurt and it was a bad accident. :angel:

High of 55 F today. The sun was shining but it was cool. The full moon looks enchanting tonight in SE S.D. In the 30's for the overnight.

Keeping all you east coasters in silent prayer as you all weather the storm.

Sandy is supposed to miss us and just give us a bit of rain and some wind. It's getting pretty windy out there and I can see from the walkway that there has already been some rain.

I'm sending good and protective vibes to all who are dealing with Hurricane Sandy.

We still have some lingering wind, but the rain has stopped and it looks like the sun will shine for the first time in 3-4 days. Chilly though, I might have to see about crankin' the heat up.

It's a nice, cool 52F this morning.

I heard on the radio that Beckley, WV, has a foot of snow on the ground and expecting another foot. Take care, Merlot.

There is a giant very old Weeping Willow across the street. I love to watch it in a gentle breeze. Last night Sandy took off a major branch. The Public Works folks came right away and cleaned it up. They had a chipper with them and some chain saws. Took care of it in a matter of minutes.

Our temps are expected to go to the upper 50's. High gusts are expected. And there will be rain all day.

Last night on TV, they showed a woman on the Winthrop Parkway, which runs along the ocean front. She had her four y.o. standing on the sea wall with high waves coming up-over the wall. She was holding onto the child's dress on the bottom. Anytime there is a storm, waves come up over that wall carrying large rocks and other sea debris. If ever there was a case of 'child endangerment', that was it.

I received a lot of calls wanting to know how I was doing. I kept telling them that where I live we just don't get the brunt of any storm even though I am only a block from the ocean. For some reason they just don't believe me.

If you look at a map of Massachusetts, you will see Cape Cod sticking out into the ocean. Then the coastline takes a sharp curve in to Boston. The the coastline curves out again. Boston is located in a cove like situation. We are protected by Scituate and other towns on the South of us, and by Nahant, Lynn and Winthrop on the North of us. The worst we get is broken branches. Logan Airport sticks way out into the ocean. They get hit hard every time. Here, in Eastie, we don't even have a seawall. I had two windows open all night and yesterday. Unless a storm comes in from the ocean directly into Boston Harbor, we just get the wind. The towns surrounding us get hit hard every time.

I live in an old school building made of brick. What was the basement is now the first floor. There are little burns (hills) surrounding the first floor. When it rains, the water runs off those burns and right into the apartments. Enough water that they have to replace the whole floors in each apartment. Stupid designs. Two of those apartments are for handicap. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom