What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So hot overnight...had the air con on but set it to turn off at 2am...didnt sleep much form 2am onwards :rolleyes:

Going to be 30c here today

Very light rain early this morning. Partly cloudy all day. High of 51F & cool in SE S.D.

We had a windy but sunny day. Currently 43°, supposed to get down to 27 tonight. Brrrrr.

It is 51ºF. and a big thunderstorm with buckets of rain just went through. The rain was so loud I had to turn up the TV. :angel:

We had a bit of wind and rain last night. We had a little bit of rain this morning. It went up to 21C (70F) and it's currently 19C (66F)! It's the 30th of October. Back in the '80s I would have had snow tires on my car by now.

It's a nice, cool 52F this morning.

I heard on the radio that Beckley, WV, has a foot of snow on the ground and expecting another foot. Take care, Merlot.

Well Im all safe and sound, I live right outside of Beckley. I think we have about 22 inches but it's still snowing! So far my power is on but we aren't safe just yet. The nursing home where I work has no power so it will be rough the rest of the week. :( My water was out at 12 last night, back on now but solid brown. I have to make it to work tomorrow so taking PF's advice and packing the car up! Take care everyone!

Well Im all safe and sound, I live right outside of Beckley. I think we have about 22 inches but it's still snowing! So far my power is on but we aren't safe just yet. The nursing home where I work has no power so it will be rough the rest of the week. :( My water was out at 12 last night, back on now but solid brown. I have to make it to work tomorrow so taking PF's advice and packing the car up! Take care everyone!

Glad to hear you're safe - sorry about the water. My stepmother gave me this advice years ago when we lived in Michigan: Take a coffee can (or metal container of similar size) and put inside it a tealight and a book of matches. If you get stuck and/or run out of gas, light the candle and keep it in the coffee can. The metal will radiate heat into the car and keep it nice and warm.

We actually had to use this method driving to Florida at Christmastime one year. Crazy storm went all the way down to Jacksonville. The streets there were icy; we tried one hotel, which had people sleeping in the lobby, so we slept in the car, with the candle burning, though I don't think DH really slept much.

Take care.

It is cold. We are sitting here giving out candy and it is cold...and I am wearing a wool sailors suit.

It is cold. We are sitting here giving out candy and it is cold...and I am wearing a wool sailors suit.

I would like to see a pic Dave. LOL

I wanted to tease up a white punk rock wig, wear white capri pants & a black v neck top, & be Theresa Caputo, The Long Island Medium. Hahahaha. But, the kids don't come here.

Would love to see both, Dave and Cerise!

We have 43°, the wind's died down, and it's supposed to be in the 20’s again tonight.

Glad to hear you're safe - sorry about the water. My stepmother gave me this advice years ago when we lived in Michigan: Take a coffee can (or metal container of similar size) and put inside it a tealight and a book of matches. If you get stuck and/or run out of gas, light the candle and keep it in the coffee can. The metal will radiate heat into the car and keep it nice and warm.

We actually had to use this method driving to Florida at Christmastime one year. Crazy storm went all the way down to Jacksonville. The streets there were icy; we tried one hotel, which had people sleeping in the lobby, so we slept in the car, with the candle burning, though I don't think DH really slept much.

Take care.

Thank you for the tip! I'm worried about going to work tomorrow and leaving my MIl and child at home, our phone lines are down (she doesn't have a cell phone) but Im sure they will be ok for the 9 hours I'm away. It is supposed to get icy tonight. The kids are loving it.. no school all week.. to be a kid again!

Watching all that snow you are getting. Sorry to hear about your water. Hope all the residents are comfortable in these conditions too. I remember growing up in SW Minnesota, we saw alot of snow. I've been through alot of snow storms but there's something special about being snowed in.

Today in SE S.D. it was the warmest day of the week thus far. A high of 61F & a sun shiney day. Temp.'s will dip down in the 30's for the overnight. It's hard to believe it's daylight savings time this weekend, already it's time to set the clocks back 1 hour.

Take care.

Fantastic tip, I forgot about this one. I have coffee cans in the car with candles, waterproof matches, dryer lint (for firestarters) and the little Bic lighters. It's getting tough to find a metal coffee can.

It was beautiful today and was about 68 degrees. Nice night for trick or treaters too. They can go around without coats! Usually we have rain or snow on Halloween!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom