What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely, perfect, sunny and warm day here.....not too hot, not too cold, just right...dont want Summer back, but it is coming back next week :rolleyes:

Again our temps are in the 50's. I wish it would just get cold and stay there. It makes it hard to know how to dress. Of course the temps do drop down at night. But I don't go out at night.

I have two coats. One is a heavy leather. Just right for 40 and 50 degree weather. The other is a white faux fur coat that is reversible for rainy weather. It has a hood that is way too big for me. I look like a snow leopard in it. But it is so warm. I put the leather one away. Big mistake. Had to take it out again. I also have been getting a lot of flack from everyone. I do not wear socks. I have a graft on the bottom of my right leg. I do not put anything on it. I protect that graft with my life. So here comes cold weather and all I have on my feet are a pair of black loafers. I have been doing this for the past five years. If I damage that graft, I lose my leg. No elastics, pressure of any kind. I am used to going without socks. And I wish folks would just let me be. :angel:

Around 11 am this morning the National Weather Service put us in a blizzard warning. It's 19F now at 2pm. It is still continuing to snow with a strong NW wind. When all is said & done 3-5" predicted.

Around 11 am this morning the National Weather Service put us in a blizzard warning. It's 19F now at 2pm. It is still continuing to snow with a strong NW wind. When all is said & done 3-5" predicted.

You know where that storm was a couple of days ago...we are a bit more sheltered from the wind. Still 16 here this afternoon.

Sounds beautiful. The closest we get to any hills/mountains are the black hills 5 hours on the other side of the state.

This illustrates how close we are to the mountains, the one pictured here is a 15 minute walk or a 5 min bike ride from my house in the red circled area. The mountains completely surround Missoula.

Attachments

• Missoula_Glacial_Missoula_shorelines_on_Mount_Sentinel.jpg
    Missoula_Glacial_Missoula_shorelines_on_Mount_Sentinel.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 184
This illustrates how close we are to the mountains, the one pictured here is a 15 minute walk or a 5 min bike ride from my house in the red circled area. The mountains completely surround Missoula.

On one of our trips back east, we had to stop at Bozeman on the outskirts. It was right next to some holding pens for cattle. It was a rickety old broken down gas station. the man that filled our tank, was older than the pumpls. Then another time on one of our cross country trips we did stop at a diner on the outskirts of Missoula. We were the only strangers in there. Everyone knew everyone elses name. But they were really nice people. I do remember as we were driving, seeing the mountains off in the distance. They were so pretty. It was in the fall. :angel:

What a gorgeous area, PF!

It's a drizzly 39°F here along the Mighty Mississip. The lawn looks better now than it did all summer.

It is a 40ºF. here today and very sunny. I should get dressed and bring back some containers to my daughter's house. But this is my lazy Sunday. I am staying put. :angel:

:ohmy:Wow! That is a beautiful area! You are very fortunate to have such elevation so close to you. Here it's all flatland/prarie surronding the city. I'd be willing to guess there is an awesome view at the top of that mountain.

Oh yes, it's absolutely stunning. That is Mt. Sentinel, there are various hiking, biking and car trails up to the top. The University is directly at the base. South of this shot the Bitterroot River flows north into the Missoula Valley to meet up with the Clark Fork that you can see in this picture. The Blackfoot river meets up with the Clark Fork just east of this shot. The Blackfoot is where the movie, "A River Runs Through it" was filmed.

These rivers all join up and empty into the Columbia River.

Warm weekend in the 70s here. Our townhouse holds heat and it was 78 degrees inside, so I flipped the thermostat to a/c. In a couple days we'll be back to heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom