What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, sweater weather lol. We had snow last Friday, 75F on Wednesday, and 38F right now. Wool coat, scarf and gloves weather for me.

But, I grew up in much colder climes...the weather around here rarely makes me too cold, only if the wind is really blowing do I feel it.:LOL:

The wind is back from the north again, so staying snug with windows closed. Inside temperature is 72° so no heating needed yet.

But, I grew up in much colder climes...the weather around here rarely makes me too cold, only if the wind is really blowing do I feel it.:LOL:

I grew up in Michigan, but have now lived in Virginia for more than half my life. I remember one Thanksgiving in Michigan with DH's family. We went out for a walk after dinner and my SIL wore a short-sleeved shirt and sweater vest while I got all bundled up. I also remember, when we first moved here, marveling at people wearing heavy coats when the temp was in the 50s. But now we're acclimated, too.

Well, back to regularly scheduled weather: -14C (8F), with wind chillies: -22C (-8F). It's cold and dry enough that snow is drifting like sand.

We got lucky and missed the freezing rain. In fact the regular rain stopped long enough that it got a chance to dry up and it's not horribly slippery out.

Last edited:
Quite a cool day again today, as it has been all week, but starting to heat up again from tomorrow

I grew up in Michigan, but have now lived in Virginia for more than half my life. I remember one Thanksgiving in Michigan with DH's family. We went out for a walk after dinner and my SIL wore a short-sleeved shirt and sweater vest while I got all bundled up. I also remember, when we first moved here, marveling at people wearing heavy coats when the temp was in the 50s. But now we're acclimated, too.

I generally stay very warm with a couple of layers as long as I have wool socks and the wind isn't blowing. Sometimes a hat is needed. One the temp gets to 0, then I consider a jacket and make sure I have hat and gloves.

Have not been out yet today but it seems warmer when letting the cats out. They say it's in the 20's, much warmer than it has been.

It's in the low 60s, but the wind is out of the South again so I've been able to keep my windows open. Nice!

18F tonight. We had 6" of snow today. It's so very pretty and quiet out there right now.

Hello Panchocs and welcome to DC :)

I am guessing if it is that hot and rainy it is quite humid there right now?

Pretty humid, yeah. Heat kinda sticks to our bodies. We are at the very south of the world, so we are used to freaky weather! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom