What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a lot of folks call them granny carts:

-LRlWKS7VAcF6xvAYXMxxBn_EKQzYmPE8YqQ_ulQmZ-JnsEv80GEa3kjsHZqL8h7ut8XLLHaswpuvyLrahavPi3QQVYz8HHk0qMNZeedFLgKAV6MwDZn3qt8Glc7OwJiQz-z8DsdisHok6el3ypP4bEoVQrjdn7_Y2x9-vHOO5EuMksqocH_F9-jeQbJ2Lk4prj-HYHpqoY

Granny carts??? I resemble that remark! The best $20 I've ever spent.

I take it with me to the store, load it up when I get back and roll my groceries right into the elevator and directly into my kitchen to unload.

I'll have to tell others here who have carts the new name. They'll probably get a kick out of it.

Granny carts??? I resemble that remark! The best $20 I've ever spent.

I take it with me to the store, load it up when I get back and roll my groceries right into the elevator and directly into my kitchen to unload.

I'll have to tell others here who have carts the new name. They'll probably get a kick out of it.

I was thinking the same thing. Handiest item I ever bought, it allows me to walk to the grocery store.

I want a Granny cart!!!!!! I walk during the week to go shopping and that would be great. Won't have to carry heavy packets. I only have my car on weekends, hubby's car is broken so he uses mine to get to work.

I certainly consider a granny cart to be a "must have" item.

I was one given to me as a gift that you could pull like a suitcase. It had a tapestry outside and a lid that you could zipper closed. The inside was waterproofed. It also had outside pockets for little items. I loved it. I made the mistake of loaning it to a resident here and it was destroyed to the point of not even being able to repair it. Once again the urge to kill was so strong. :wacko: :angel:

More snow!

MORE SNOW!!! I'm not sure how much we actually got because of the drifting, but I don't have to go to work today (school districts all closed), and when I was cleaning off cars this morning, there was a good 8 or 9 inches on the cars. It is 17 degrees right now, but the sun is shinning. It may not last a long time, but we do have a little more in the forecast. Sure was a long time coming this year! Love it! :w00t2:

MORE SNOW!!! I'm not sure how much we actually got because of the drifting, but I don't have to go to work today (school districts all closed), and when I was cleaning off cars this morning, there was a good 8 or 9 inches on the cars. It is 17 degrees right now, but the sun is shinning. It may not last a long time, but we do have a little more in the forecast. Sure was a long time coming this year! Love it! :w00t2:
w00t!

But if I hear grocery cart or shopping cart, I think of the ones supermarkets provide for in-store use. :angel:

Last night Spike and I were watching Doc Martin. They pronounced some words that if I hadn't been married to an Englishman, we wouldn't have known what they were saying. Or would have had to figure it out. Our favorite word of all though is 'aluminum'. The first time I heard my husband pronounce that one, it took me a long time to figure it out. It was only much later when he added the word 'foil' to it that I knew what he was saying. And to think it is all the same language. :angel:

You folks who love winter and snow are all nuts. But I love ya anyhow. :rolleyes: :wacko::wub: :angel:

You folks who love winter and snow are all nuts. But I love ya anyhow. :rolleyes: :wacko::wub: :angel:

When you live in a dry climate, any moisture is celebrated. We have been in a drought for a long time. We even celebrate humidity. Once in a while we even get some of it!

It's been blowing all day. No more snow. :glare:

The wind has drifted the driveway shut again, and I will need to shovel again when the guys are due home. The only problem is that it is so windy now that the wind chill factor is pretty darn cold with strong wind and 20 degrees. I guess I will go out and get the mail and see just how deep the drift is now. Our street has not been plowed either, but if enough people drive on it there are at least tracks to get through. Hubby has the suburban, but my son with his little car will bottom out if I don't shovel. :mellow:

Last edited:
It started snowing at 5:00 today in SE S.D. There is about 2" on the ground now, coming down real sleetey making it real icey.

Waiting for that storm to hit. I keep a full pantry anyway, but really stocked up so I'll feel no need to go out the next couple days (I'm a winter weather driving wimp. Used to walk it all the time, but with the hip fracture this summer, I'm scared to chance much in that way either. This summer I'll build myself up so I'm better next summer. But family contingencies made it hard for me to recover as well as I should).

Snow's coming down now, light and powdery. It's supposed to get much worse overnight. With all our snow days so far, we'll have makeup days into mid-June. Grumble.

Snow's coming down now, light and powdery. It's supposed to get much worse overnight. With all our snow days so far, we'll have makeup days into mid-June. Grumble.

celebrate now, time enough for grumbling later... snow days carry a special gift of fresh, unspent freedom, a morning's surprise ....:)

We have now used 2 of our snow days. I'm not sure if we will have school tomorrow or not, but we have four days all together written in to the schedule, so we are doing ok here. It is a pain when you have to make up days at the end of the school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom