What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a slush storm. Got a 3 hour early out, many schools around us canceled. Currently 30° F.

We had a slush storm. Got a 3 hour early out, many schools around us canceled. Currently 30° F.

We are expecting that storm during the rush hour in the morning. Our temps are supposed to be in the 40's so it will come as hard and heavy rain. It is times like this that I am so happy that I don't drive or have to go to work any more. :angel:

LOVELY!

It has been raining steadily all day and has only been 18c all day, which feels cold as it has been so hot and humid....I am all rugged up and loving it :)

LOVELY!

It has been raining steadily all day and has only been 18c all day, which feels cold as it has been so hot and humid....I am all rugged up and loving it :)

Lucky fish!!!! It's 31C today with 71% humidity. Still hot but looks like the temp is going to drop to low 20's towards the weekend. Lots of rain expected from tomorrow till Sunday :)

Snow, snow, and more ...snow. Looked out and watched husband leaning on the shovel. He didn't look real great. I went out and was able to sweep snow from the porch. Made him come in, take an aspirin, and made him a cup of ginseng tea.Then put on my cold weather gear and took up the shovel. It is wet, heavy snow. Normally I would have been out there with him. But I'm still having some recovery issues with my hip fracture. So he did the stuff we're legally liable for, and I did the porches and steps to the garage. When I came in, he did the same for me -- an aspirin!

So ... we both got our exercise in. Don't think I need to do my normal weight lifting today. I did get to my ladies yesterday. couldn't find a book. Will write more about that on the book line. I'm so proud of myself!

Snow, snow, and more ...snow. Looked out and watched husband leaning on the shovel. He didn't look real great. I went out and was able to sweep snow from the porch. Made him come in, take an aspirin, and made him a cup of ginseng tea.Then put on my cold weather gear and took up the shovel. It is wet, heavy snow. Normally I would have been out there with him. But I'm still having some recovery issues with my hip fracture. So he did the stuff we're legally liable for, and I did the porches and steps to the garage. When I came in, he did the same for me -- an aspirin!

So ... we both got our exercise in. Don't think I need to do my normal weight lifting today. I did get to my ladies yesterday. couldn't find a book. Will write more about that on the book line. I'm so proud of myself!

You have to be really careful when the snow is wet and heavy. Heart attack snow. My grandson has a snow blower. When it is wet snow, he comes here to Eastie with his snow blower and helps his father Spike clear the snow from the properties that he takes care of.

Many years ago the owner of the jewelry store gave Spike a little vial with an 18 karat gold cover and a loop for the chain. Inside the vial are nitro pills for chest pains. Spike never leaves home without it. That vial has eased my worry just a little bit. He has had to open it more than once.

Please take care when you and your husband are dealing with this wet snow. Only one at a time shoveling. And like you did, take turns. :angel:

Oh yeah, it's snowing, huge snow flakes:

20130227_153455.jpg

20130227_153522.jpg

Yes, I am careful about shoveling. A snow blower wouldn't help much because there are 22 steps from the street to the front door (what we are legally liable for), then from the back door to the garage another dozen or so, and the walk way is brick pavers. That's why I made husband come in when I did. l told him my leg is up for it now. The front has to be done before mail delivery (most days around noon) the back so I can get to the car eventually (I do most of the day-to-day driving). I do hire someone to do the driveway (it is concrete and relatively level, so he can use either his plow or a blower).

Not bad, 35°, and it's snowing again, big, juicy flakes here along the river. My pics would resemble Taxy's and CW's.

Last edited:
Cold enough I could leave the half and half in the car all day when I found it on sale at Walmart this morning.

High of 26F today, the sun came out for awhile which was nice. It's supposed to warm up this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom