What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago it was in the fifties. Now it is in the low thirties. What happened? I want warm weather so I can sit down on the patio again. :angel:

Rain and hail. Last year, weirdly in the south of England, a friend of mine got sunburn at the end of February. This week it's been snow, hail and rain and minus seven to minus 9 Celsius over night.

I have given up waiting for spring and started my spring cleaning already, so that when spring comes instead of being in the house I can just get outside into spring.

Rain and hail. Last year, weirdly in the south of England, a friend of mine got sunburn at the end of February. This week it's been snow, hail and rain and minus seven to minus 9 Celsius over night.

I have given up waiting for spring and started my spring cleaning already, so that when spring comes instead of being in the house I can just get outside into spring.

Love the sound of rain and hail :)

Kylie, the other night I watched a documentary of the Australia drought driven fire storm of 2009. We have seasons of dryness and fires erupt almost every year. But they are nothing compared to what Australia suffered. That was horrific.

Our forestry department has decided that from now on, they are not going to fight forest fires. They are going to let nature take it course and burn itself out. Over the years too many firefighters have lost their lives needlessly in areas where they are no homes or property to be protected. Mother Nature is amazing. As soon as the fire is out, she starts to replenish the damaged area. So many of those burnt stubs of trees are already full of new growth. And the same thing happens right here in the U.S. :angel:

Had a look at the little icon in my system tray and it says -9C (that's 16F) and then it switched to red background with a lightening bolt. That means some sort of weather watch or warning. We're expecting a winter storm to start Monday evening with 5-10 cm of snow overnight and 20 cm on Tuesday and 5-10 cm on Wednesday. Aargh.

This will probably hit CWS and rocklobster too.

It's a cold 22F this morning. Just heard on the radio that we will be in a winter storm advisory at 7 pm tonight.

Quite cold here this morning...it was only 12c not long ago now creeping up though, going to be 25c today...perfect weather :)

We went for a walk with Beagle in 40° F. Much different from our sunny vacation, last day being 80° F yesterday.

Overcast all day, but temps in the low 70s.

Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy, with temps up to 79°! I hope this doesn't mean no Spring this year. Summer started early last year, but not this early.

Last edited:
Crappy day today. Temps in the 40s and spitting rain all day. Sometimes raining steadily. Breezy, too. Not at all like yesterday and the day before, which were in the low 70s and sunny.

Although, the ornamental plum trees in the front of the house have gone beyond buds to blooming. I had to look twice this morning to be sure I was seeing blossoms. But, yes, they're blooming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom