What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor just declared the city here in a state of emergency. It started raining yesterday late morning. Freezing rain has taken down several tree limbs & power lines. There are over 12,000 homes without power. Neighbors across the street have been coming & going from here as they have lost power. Had our 91 year old neighbor over most of the day before her daughter came. Other neighbors with wood burning stoves opening up their homes as well. The whole community is coming together to help each other. It looks like a tornado came through. Just walking outside trees are creaking & cracking from the ice, besides chainsaws, it's pretty still out there. We are still expecting 7-10" of snow tonight into tomorrow. Seems most of the city has shut down here.

Yikes, SB! Stay safe! So nice of you and your family to watch over the neighbors.

Such strange weather all over....

You're probably getting what we got from 3 AM till 6 this morning, Pac. Gorgeous lightening too.

We've had this stupid fog/mist hanging over all day. Very low ceiling. I'm sure there's lightening, but I just can't see it. It's weird hearing the thunder without seeing a flash :(

I so need to be walking to work, but the weather is not cooperating. More indoor walking in circles...

One of the local radio stations posted this, because of the snow warning for tomorrow: "From 15 to 25 centimetres of snow and ice pellets are expected over these regions." 15 to 25 cm ~= 6" to 10"

533311_10151371324638342_574399385_n.jpg

We ended up with 9" of wet, heavy snow in SE S.D. Schools closed for the 3rd day in a row. It's looking like 40-50F for the next few days ahead. It will take quite some time to get all of these tree limbs & branches cleared away all over town.

Freezing, icy rain/snow/ice pellets.
Good one.

The snow finally started here. It was just ice pellets at first. Kinda nice for folks who drive to work that it waited until after the morning rush hour.

We may get more snow tomorrow or it might be rain.

I figure the cities won't do much about the snow until they see what happens tomorrow.

It is very overcast and raw out. We are expecting a heavy rain starting somewhere around noon. I am in the house for the day.

I finally thought up a name for my scooter. It is way bigger than the last one I had and just flies when it is fully charged. Brunhilda! She doesn't like the rain and shuts down if her console gets wet. Fussy thing she is. :angel:

to me, it seems like a case of 'when an irresistible force meets an unstoppable object.:)
you and brunhilda will be a fascinating pair to follow....:)

Brunhilda can be very scary. Her horn is really loud and scares the bejesus out of folks.

Our sidewalks are not in the best condition. I just fly over them. If they are really bad, then I ride in the street. The folks in the area know me and get out of the way when they see me coming. I don't stop for anyone. I keep the headlight and tail lights on so the cars can see me. Even they slow down and stop. If I lost Brunhilda, I would become completely housebound. :angel:

Heading for 27c...it is currently 27.2c...overcast but a warm breeze...

Looking forward to the next week...all temps in the low 20's YAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom