What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma I'm sure you know this but make sure your cellphone and laptop are fully charged going into those storms. Never kept my phone topped off during weather before but the power outage Haloween 2011 taught me better. Almost 3 days of running to the car to charge the cell - my only real connection to the world!

Hunker down and stay safe.

My cell phone seemed to be needing a charge a lot of the time. I mentioned it to Spike. He told me that the batteries have a memory and I wasn't letting it run down enough. So since he knows way more than I do I let the battery run down until the phone went dead. It took forever for it to recharge. Bad advice Spike. I will not listen to you again regarding batteries. He also suggested I do the same for the battery on my scooter. I tried that also. It took two days for that to recharge. I do have to admit though, as far as the scooter goes, it does go much faster now and doesn't run down as quickly. But I am not telling him. His head is big enough as it is.

I have the cell phone cord right next to my bed. Every night I plug the phone in and also my scooter. That is the advice I got from the company guy that brought it to me. Plug it in every night. Learning new habits in this world of technology is very wearing on me. :angel:

Overcast & stormy on & off all day. It has cooled down alot tonight, downright cold & rainey weekend!

Here it is just after midnight and it has cooled down to only 81ºF. That means tomorrow is going to be even hotter than today. Another day inside. I am no dummy. :angel:

It's June, 63°F, cloudy and windy. The pool's open, but I don't think I'm going swimming today.

58F setting up for thunderstorms...glad I didn't go for a ride today, I'd be by the river with t-storms and an uphill ride in the rain.

Last day before the heat breaks. Our little home weather station, which is basically an indoor/outdoor thermometer with a couple extra whistles and bells, recorded highs of 90+ four days in a row. We aren't official weather watchers but we were still hot like hades around our little patch of paradise.

Here in Nottingham, UK is blue sky and sunny.... a little chill in the air but still around 15C... not bad for 8:30pm One of those evenings where you dont want to go to work tomorrow....

Last day before the heat breaks. Our little home weather station, which is basically an indoor/outdoor thermometer with a couple extra whistles and bells, recorded highs of 90+ four days in a row. We aren't official weather watchers but we were still hot like hades around our little patch of paradise.

I hate anything over 70F...the only thing I dislike weather-wise other than hot temps is wind...

Here in Nottingham, UK is blue sky and sunny.... a little chill in the air but still around 15C... not bad for 8:30pm One of those evenings where you dont want to go to work tomorrow....

Sounds lovely James :)

When I was in Nottingham a few years back, it was the end of Winter, so still very cold, sounds like a warm Summer's day there for you today :)

I hate anything over 70F...the only thing I dislike weather-wise other than hot temps is wind...

I'm with you PF, 70 is just about my limit. The higher the temperature rises the hotter my temper gets. ;) Our first home didn't have central air, not even a window unit. We dealt with it since we had a fully wooded back yard on the west side of the house. Second home actually came with A/C since the main heat was a heat pump with a back-up gas furnace - the best of both worlds for OH. When we moved to MA both real estate agents (ours plus the builder's) tried to tell us we didn't need central air. We didn't care, we told them WE needed it to avoid a murder. :LOL: Turns out those of us on the street that added central air have been the envy of those who did it the usual way up here (hot water baseboard heat).

Temps are finally cooling off, already down to 65. Still humid and weather is moving in overnight so we'll stay closed up till tomorrow. After that it should be glorious with highs in the low 70s and lows into the 40s! Perfect!

I used to love the hot summer weather. Out in it all day. Now I can't breath in it. Specially if it is hazy. I now understand what they meant for the elderly to stay inside when the weather was not the best quality. When I first moved here I used to sit on the patio all day. Too hot now. So I stay inside.

One of the benefts of the AC is that I can cook and bake and just turn the AC up a notch or two. :angel:

82 degrees already this morning. Very pretty blue sky, and breezy. Not bad at all! I need to hurry and do the rest of my plantings before it is way hot!

My cell phone seemed to be needing a charge a lot of the time. I mentioned it to Spike. He told me that the batteries have a memory and I wasn't letting it run down enough. So since he knows way more than I do I let the battery run down until the phone went dead. It took forever for it to recharge. Bad advice Spike. I will not listen to you again regarding batteries. He also suggested I do the same for the battery on my scooter. I tried that also. It took two days for that to recharge. I do have to admit though, as far as the scooter goes, it does go much faster now and doesn't run down as quickly. But I am not telling him. His head is big enough as it is.

I have the cell phone cord right next to my bed. Every night I plug the phone in and also my scooter. That is the advice I got from the company guy that brought it to me. Plug it in every night. Learning new habits in this world of technology is very wearing on me. :angel:

It all depends on the type of battery Addie. The older cell phones had batteries with memory. The newer ones tend to have batteries that don't have that problem. It usually tells you in the instructions if you should fully discharge the battery or not before recharging.

It all depends on the type of battery Addie. The older cell phones had batteries with memory. The newer ones tend to have batteries that don't have that problem. It usually tells you in the instructions if you should fully discharge the battery or not before recharging.

:wacko: Well, as it always says, "When all else fails, read the instruction." Time to get the book out and read it. I need to stop pretending I know everything already. I don't need to read no stinking instructions. :angel:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom